Do you need a better way to compare cheaper Toyota Tundra insurance in Fort Collins? Comparison shopping for cheaper Toyota Tundra insurance in Fort Collins could be a challenge for drivers not familiar with online insurance quotes. Consumers have so many companies to choose from that it can quickly become hard work to find the best price in Colorado on Toyota Tundra insurance.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that almost 70% of drivers in Colorado renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never compared rate quotes at all. Consumers in the United States could save themselves almost 46.5% a year just by shopping around, but most just don't grasp how much money they would save if they changed companies.
Best companies for cheap Toyota Tundra insurance in Colorado
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Fort Collins, CO. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tundra Regular Cab 2WD||$228||$424||$516||$30||$154||$1,352||$113|
|Tundra SR/5 Double Cab 2WD||$266||$526||$480||$28||$144||$1,444||$120|
|Tundra SR/5 Crew Max 2WD||$272||$458||$396||$24||$118||$1,268||$106|
|Tundra Regular Cab 4WD||$388||$546||$520||$30||$156||$1,640||$137|
|Tundra Double Cab 4WD||$250||$368||$396||$24||$118||$1,156||$96|
|Tundra SR/5 Double Cab 4WD||$298||$448||$404||$24||$122||$1,296||$108|
|Tundra Limited Double Cab 2WD||$244||$500||$480||$28||$144||$1,396||$116|
|Tundra Limited Crew MAX 2WD||$276||$534||$536||$32||$160||$1,538||$128|
|Tundra Limited Crew MAX 4WD||$210||$340||$396||$24||$118||$1,088||$91|
|Tundra SR/5 Crew Max 4WD||$342||$538||$396||$24||$118||$1,418||$118|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in specific Fort Collins garaging location which can alter coverage prices noticeably.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Toyota Tundra insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
These discounts can reduce Toyota Tundra insurance rates
Some companies don't necessarily list all available discounts very well, so the next list breaks down some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Fort Collins auto insurance online.
- Smart Student Discounts - Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a Fort Collins auto insurance quote. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Auto/Life Discount - Select companies reward you with lower rates if you buy some life insurance too.
- Paperwork-free - Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application over the internet.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Buy New and Save - Insuring a new Tundra can save you some money because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Driver Education Discount - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver's ed class in school.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning a house in Fort Collins may trigger a policy discount on insurance since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
Large insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- GEICO has savings for driver training, daytime running lights, military active duty, federal employee, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good student, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, defensive driving training, and student away at school.
- Esurance offers discounts including anti-theft, good driver, renters, emergency road assistance, online shopper, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford has discounts for good student, defensive driver, air bag, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, driver training, and bundle.
Before buying, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in Fort Collins.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone's situation is a little different and your auto insurance should unique, too. These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs could use an agent's help.
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Colorado?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Does my Toyota Tundra qualify for pleasure use?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
Certain consumers still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents in Fort Collins who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You won't need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, you can always jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurer shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is there a local claims center in Fort Collins?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
The different types of car insurance agents
If you want to buy insurance from a good Fort Collins insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents that you can select. Agencies in Fort Collins can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are unable to compare other company's rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Below are Fort Collins exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - David Stansfield
5125 S College Ave b - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 204-0020 - View Map
- Dave Lawser - State Farm Insurance Agent
4605 Ziegler Rd #1 - Fort Collins, CO 80528 - (970) 226-1306 - View Map
- Gary Cramer - State Farm Insurance Agent
1432 E Mulberry St b - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 484-1374 - View Map
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you.
When comparing rate quotes, you need to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison. Most can insure with different regional companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Fort Collins willing to provide price quote information.
- A Adam Sater Agency
1719 E Mulberry St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 663-5811 - View Map
- John C. Beckett and Associates
220 Smith St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 484-2805 - View Map
- Colorado - B W Insurance Agency Inc
1075 W Horsetooth Rd # 106 - Fort Collins, CO 80526 - (970) 223-0924 - View Map
If you get positive responses to your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you may have just found an insurance agency that can provide insurance coverage. Keep in mind policyholders can cancel coverage whenever you wish so don't assume that you're stuck with any specific company for a certain time period.
Affordable coverage is out there
When buying insurance coverage, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Affordable Toyota Tundra insurance in Fort Collins is possible online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
We just presented a lot of ways to shop for Toyota Tundra insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Fort Collins auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on insurance is with the least-expected company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
More detailed insurance information is located in the articles below:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Parker, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)