Price shopping your Nissan Quest insurance in Denver could be challenging for people who are beginners to online price comparisons. You have so many choices that it can be a lot of work to find better prices on Nissan Quest insurance.
Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of auto insurance customers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and almost half have never taken the time to shop around. Denver drivers could save up to $605 each year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Denver is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Just about every vehicle owner who quotes car insurance will probably find a lower-cost policy. But Colorado car owners need to learn how companies determine prices because rates are impacted by many factors.
To get affordable Denver car insurance quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing rate quotes from car insurance companies in your area. The easiest way to find cheaper Nissan Quest rates is to get quotes online.
Just remember that comparing more quotes helps you find a lower rate.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Colorado. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Insuring your Nissan vehicle just makes sense
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Nissan in Denver, paying for auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Quest has a loan, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Nissan for a lot more money and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Nissan as the result of the weather or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in Colorado is overpaying over $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
The insurance bait and switch
Insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm regularly use ads on TV and radio. All the companies try to convey promises that drivers can save some big amount if you change your insurance coverage to their company. How is it plausible that every one can make almost identical claims?
Insurance providers give the cheapest rates for the right customer that will generate a profit. A good example of this type of insured might have to be between the ages of 40 and 55, has had continuous coverage, and has excellent credit. Any person who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest car insurance rates in Denver and will save a lot of money.
Potential customers who are not a match for the "perfect" profile will get higher premium rates which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. If you pay attention, the ads say "people that switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that much when switching. That's why companies can truthfully make those claims. Because every company is different, you should get as many free Denver car insurance quotes as possible. You cannot predict which insurance company will have the lowest car insurance rates for your situation.
Discounts for cheap auto insurance quotes
Companies offering auto insurance don't always publicize all available discounts in a way that's easy to find, so here is a list some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Denver car insurance online.
- Own a Home - Simply owning a home can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Organization Discounts - Participating in certain professional organizations may earn a discount when getting a Denver car insurance quote.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Drivers Education - Have your child complete a driver education course in high school.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Denver car insurance quote.
- Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like it's possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
A list of auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, multiple autos, safe vehicle, student away at school, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good student.
- American Family has savings for Steer into Savings, accident-free, bundled insurance, good student, and early bird.
- AAA offers premium reductions for education and occupation, AAA membership discount, good driver, multi-car, anti-theft, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-policy, driver training, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, air bags, multi-vehicle, and daytime running lights.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include age of vehicle, multi-car, good student, low natural disaster claims, professional/association, and type of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include alternative fuel, teen driver, multi-car, good student, and early shopping.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, and online signing.
If you need cheaper Denver car insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in Denver.
When should I get advice from an agent?
Many people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Denver who will give you bids for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to compare prices for a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Denver?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Denver?
Two types of Denver car insurance agents
When looking for an insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Agents are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They usually cannot provide other company's prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They receive extensive training on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent primarily because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are Denver exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- Hiram Licea - State Farm Insurance Agent
3600 Morrison Rd - Denver, CO 80219 - (303) 935-7475 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Greg Delgado
2839 Wyandot St - Denver, CO 80211 - (720) 588-4111 - View Map
- Todd Savage - State Farm Insurance Agent
2401 E 6th Ave - Denver, CO 80206 - (303) 722-1139 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured. When comparison shopping, you should always get some free quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also have access to smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Denver willing to provide price quotes.
- FUSA Insurance Agency
7900 E Union Ave #200 - Denver, CO 80237 - (303) 752-5806 - View Map
- Premier Group Insurance
1777 W 38th Ave #102 - Denver, CO 80211 - (303) 477-0505 - View Map
- Madison Insurance Group
600 S Cherry St #900 - Denver, CO 80246 - (800) 636-6185 - View Map
Once you have acceptable answers to your questions and an acceptable price quote, you may have found an insurance agency that is professional and can provide auto insurance coverage. Just be aware that consumers can cancel a policy any time you want so never feel that you are obligated to any specific company for the entire policy term.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers or even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
When buying insurance coverage, don't be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost.
You just learned some good ideas how to save on Nissan Quest insurance in Denver. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with an unexpected company.
Additional information can be read below:
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Littleton, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Cruze? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)