Shopping for cheap Colorado Springs Chevy Sonic insurance quotes on the internet is overwhelming for people who are beginners to quoting and buying insurance online. With more and more companies, how can you efficiently compare all the different companies and get the cheapest price possible?
Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of consumers in Colorado have remained with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in America could save $860 every year, but most just don't grasp the benefits if they just switched companies.
Locating the best rates in Colorado Springs is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. If you are insured now, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using this information. But Colorado car owners can benefit from knowing the way insurance companies price online insurance.
Best companies for Chevy Sonic insurance
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Get cheaper rates on Chevy Sonic insurance in Colorado Springs with these auto insurance discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Auto/Home Discount - When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Pay Early and Save - By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying coverage for multiple cars on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
We need to note that some credits don't apply the the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Some of the larger companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts are:
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in Colorado Springs. To see a list of providers that offer some of these discounts in Colorado, click here.
Seven Tips to Get Lower-cost Colorado Springs Insurance Rates
Lots of factors are used when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are less apparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
The following are some of the most common factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
- Where you call home is a factor - Residing in a rural area is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers in populated areas tend to have more aggressive driving styles and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Long commutes cost more - Driving a lot of miles in a year's time the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies apply a rate based on their usage. Vehicles that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. Improper usage on your Sonic is just wasting money. Ask your agent if your car insurance coverage shows the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Better car insurance rates with anti-theft devices - Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent vehicle theft.
- With age comes lower rates - Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Drivers with little experience tend to be inattentive and easily distracted with other occupants in the car therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- If you don't need it don't buy it - Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your car insurance policy. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, high-cost glass coverage, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but if they're wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
- Liability coverage is important - The liability section of your policy will afford coverage in the event that you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- What type of car do you drive? - The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The cheapest insurance rates will generally be found on lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors. Since the Chevrolet Sonic falls in the passenger car class, rates will be similar in price or lower when compared to the average rates in Colorado Springs.
- Chevy Sonic statistical loss data - Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for coverage. The table below outlines the collected loss data for Chevy Sonic vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentages above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendancy to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Sonic Vehicles
Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Sonic 104 132 91 167 189 159
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Comparing prices from local Colorado Springs auto insurance agents
Many drivers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to insurance agents in Colorado Springs that can give you free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes for your business. There is no reason to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, just search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best insurer is decision based upon more than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- How long has the business existed?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
When finding a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures to choose from. Insurance agencies in Colorado Springs are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company's rates like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to use the same agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Colorado Springs who may provide you with price quotes.
- Lee Ann Moore - State Farm Insurance Agent
3649 Star Ranch Rd - Colorado Springs, CO 80906 - (719) 540-9520 - View Map
- State Farm: Austin Morgan
1806 Dominion Way Suite A - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 630-1800 - View Map
- John Youngdahl - State Farm Insurance Agent
600 N Tejon St - Colorado Springs, CO 80903 - (719) 475-8787 - View Map
Agents in the independent channel are not locked into one company so they can quote policies amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always get several quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. A lot of them also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may have better rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Colorado Springs willing to provide rate quotes.
- A Better Choice Auto Insurance
1863 N Circle Dr - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 667-1301 - View Map
- O'Donnell Agency Inc
707 S Tejon St - Colorado Springs, CO 80903 - (719) 227-7100 - View Map
- Benson Insurance Group, LLC
5155 N Academy, #110 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 622-3079 - View Map
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
You just read a lot of information how to reduce Chevy Sonic insurance premium rates online in Colorado Springs. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the most savings is with the smaller companies.
When buying insurance coverage, it's not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Colorado Springs is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood Colorado Springs agents, so you need to shop Colorado Springs auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not offer rate quotes online and these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
To learn more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Colorado Auto Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Aurora, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Commerce City, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)