Determining which company offers the lowest-priced auto insurance rates in Longmont will involve more time in order to find the lowest price quote. Each insurance company has their own process for establishing rates, so let's take a look at the most competitive auto insurance companies in Longmont.
It's important that readers know that Colorado auto insurance rates are impacted by many things that will increase or decrease the price of your policy. Simply getting older, buying another vehicle, or having an accident can trigger price changes that can now make some companies more affordable than before.
|Rank||Company||Cost Per Year|
|14||Colorado Farm Bureau||$1,624|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
The Hartford may have some of the best car insurance rates in Longmont at around $834 per year. This is $744 less than the average price paid by Colorado drivers of $1,578. Grange, USAA, Nationwide, and Travelers are also some of the cheaper Longmont, CO insurance companies.
In this example, if you buy coverage from Travelers and switched to Grange, you might realize an annual premium reduction of in the neighborhood of $225. Drivers with GEICO may save as much as $229 a year, and Auto-Owners customers might see rate reductions of $234 a year.
To find out how much you can save, click here to start your free quote or quote prices from the following companies.
Bear in mind that those policy rates are averages across all insureds and vehicles and do not take into consideration a specific vehicle garaging location in Longmont. So the auto insurance company that can offer you the best price may not even be in the top 21 companies in the list above. That helps illustrate why you need to get rate quotes using your own personal information and vehicle type.
One of the more important criteria that determine the price you pay for insurance is where you call home. Areas with a lot of weather claims or more people tend to pay slightly more, whereas more rural areas profit from lower rates.
The table below shows the priciest cities in Colorado in which to buy car insurance. Longmont makes the list at #21 with the annual price of $1,144 for the average policy, which is around $95 per month.
|Compare Prices Now Go|
Price information shown is approximated as zip code location can modify rates significantly.
The car, truck, or SUV needing coverage is a significant factor when looking for cheap coverage in Longmont. Vehicles with lower performance, a great safety record, or a positive history of liability claims will cost significantly less to insure than higher performance models. The next table features auto insurance premiums for the most affordable vehicles to buy insurance for.
|Vehicle||Estimated Cost for Full Coverage|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$991|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$1,053|
|Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$1,061|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,079|
|Ford Explorer Limited 4WD||$1,091|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SE||$1,111|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$1,126|
|Hyundai Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,130|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,138|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$1,130|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,149|
|Chevrolet Malibu LTZ||$1,157|
|Start a Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in specific location information which can modify coverage prices noticeably.
Based on these rates, models like the Honda CR-V, Ford Escape, Volkswagen Jetta, Honda Accord, and Ford Explorer are likely to be some of the cheaper vehicles to insure for drivers in Longmont.
Get discount Longmont insurance rates
Auto insurance companies that sell policies in Longmont may also offer special discounts that may potentially lower prices by 30% or more if you are eligible. A list of companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, and multi-policy.
- AAA has discounts for good student, good driver, anti-theft, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, multi-car, and education and occupation.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including mature driver, multi-car, bundle discounts, youthful driver, alternative fuel, teen driver, and homeowner.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for defensive driver, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, air bags, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- Esurance includes discounts for DriveSense, multi-car, safety device, claim free, online shopper, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including accident prevention training, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, drive less, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- State Farm has savings for multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, safe vehicle, good driver, and anti-theft.
The example below shows the comparison of insurance premiums with and without discounts. The information is based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Colorado state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows insurance cost with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multiple policy, accident-free, defensive driving course, homeowner, anti-theft, and passive restraint discounts applied. When drivers qualify for the discounts, the average amount saved each year on auto insurance in Longmont is 28% or $696.
How to find economical auto insurance in Longmont
The list below shows a few thrifty suggestions that can help drivers get cheaper auto insurance.
- At-fault accidents can raise rates significantly
- Increase your credit score
- Vehicles with good safety ratings are usually cheaper to insure
- Do not insure for full coverage
- Higher deductibles save money
- You will pay more if you get tickets or have at-fault accidents
- Compare rates once a year for cheaper prices
That final tip is remarkably valuable, as we noted in this article. Coverage prices adjust frequently, so don't be tentative to switch companies if you find a cheaper price.
Brand loyalty is great, but is isn't recommended if that loyalty ends up costing a lot of money every month. It takes less than five minutes to compare rates to find cheaper auto insurance in Longmont.