Searching for lower-priced car insurance rates in Arvada, CO? Vehicle owners fed up with high insurance rates and are new to comparing car insurance rates on the web are likely to discover sourcing cheap Arvada car insurance is more work than they anticipated.
Unimaginable but true, most car insurance policyholders in Colorado have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. American drivers could cut their rates by as much as $860 a year by just shopping around, but most undervalue the rate savings if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Arvada is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. Nearly everyone who is required to buy car insurance most likely will find a cheaper policy. Nevertheless, Colorado vehicle owners do need to learn how companies determine what you pay and use it to find better rates.
Best companies for low-cost rates in Colorado
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Arvada, CO. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT 2WD||$824||$412||$69|
|Chevrolet Malibu LS||$832||$416||$69|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$1,132||$566||$94|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$1,378||$689||$115|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$796||$398||$66|
|Ford F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$926||$463||$77|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,160||$580||$97|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,348||$674||$112|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$1,272||$636||$106|
|Honda Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,162||$581||$97|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$1,262||$631||$105|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$876||$438||$73|
|Toyota Camry LE||$924||$462||$77|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,032||$516||$86|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 2WD||$924||$462||$77|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in garaging location in Arvada which can increase or decrease coverage prices noticeably.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductible levels and can change GMC Acadia insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The rates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Careless drivers pay higher rates
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions drive up Ford Focus auto insurance costs for each age group. The prices are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Ford Focus rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Take advantage of every car insurance discount
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but a few need to be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Driver Training Discounts - Completing a safe driver class can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- New Car Discount - Insuring a new car is cheaper because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Early Payment Discounts - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
It's important to understand that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you're out of luck.
Larger car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include alternative fuel, pay in full, mature driver, multi-car, business and professional, and youthful driver.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for emergency road assistance, anti-theft, Switch & Save, multi-car, multi-policy, online quote, and good student.
- State Farm has discounts for Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, multiple autos, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers discounts for five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, air bags, seat belt use, daytime running lights, and driver training.
- Allstate includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, new car, utility vehicle, eSmart discount, good student, and economy car.
Double check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above may not apply in your area. To choose insurance companies who offer cheap car insurance quotes in Arvada, click this link.
Local Arvada car insurance agents and insurance
A lot of people still prefer to buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Arvada that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. You can get cheaper insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing a provider requires more thought than just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Arvada?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Arvada?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
After talking to the agent and getting satisfactory answers for all questions you ask as well as the cheapest Arvada car insurance quotes, you may have just found a company that meets your needs to service your policy. Just remember it's your coverage and you can cancel your policy whenever you wish so never feel you're contractually obligated to any specific agency with no way out.
But they said I'd save $474 a year!
Companies like State Farm and Allstate seem to constantly run television, radio, and online ads. They all seem to make the same claim about saving some big amount if you switch your auto insurance policy to them. It sounds good, but how can they all make the same claim? You have to listen carefully.
Auto insurance companies provide the lowest rates for the type of insured that will generate a profit. A good example of this type of insured should be between the ages of 40 and 55, has a low-risk occupation, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. A customer who fits that profile will get the preferred car insurance rates in Arvada and will also save when they switch companies.
Potential insureds who fall short of these criteria will be charged higher prices and business going elsewhere. The ads say "people that switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" will save that much if they switch. That's the way insurance companies can confidently claim big savings. This really drives home the point why you should get as many free Arvada car insurance quotes as possible. It is impossible to guess which auto insurance company will have the lowest rates for your situation.
Don't give up on cheap rates
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on car insurance in Arvada. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
When searching for affordable Arvada car insurance quotes, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, someone sacrificed collision coverage and learned later they didn't have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including high prices, policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver and unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Colorado Springs, CO? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)