Want to learn how to buy more competitive Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Aurora? If you are a novice to online insurance shopping, most likely you are bewildered by the vast assortment of insurance companies all advertising big savings for Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Aurora.
A recent study showed that the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared insurance rates at all. Consumers in Colorado can cut their rates by almost $605 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't want to spend time to go online and compare rates.
If you are insured now, you will definitely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas covered in this article. This article's goal is to help educate you on how insurance works and how to save the most money. But Colorado consumers must know the methods companies use to determine premium rates because it can help you find the best coverage.
The are a couple different ways of comparing rates from auto insurance companies in your area. The quickest method to find the lowest Volkswagen Jetta rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
When comparison shopping, comparing a wide range of rates provides better odds of finding lower pricing.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Aurora, CO. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$336||$672||$474||$28||$142||$1,652||$138|
|Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$232||$454||$280||$16||$84||$1,066||$89|
|Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$368||$352||$20||$106||$1,066||$89|
|Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$378||$792||$474||$28||$142||$1,814||$151|
|Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$244||$500||$362||$22||$108||$1,236||$103|
|Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$190||$340||$352||$20||$106||$1,008||$84|
|Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$266||$546||$338||$20||$100||$1,270||$106|
|Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$276||$534||$404||$24||$120||$1,358||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific Aurora garaging location which can raise or lower premium rates substantially.
Impact of citations and accidents on insurance rates
The chart below demonstrates how citations and accident claims influence Volkswagen Jetta yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Volkswagen Jetta insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. Data assumes a married male driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Lower-cost Volkswagen Jetta insurance rates in Aurora
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings as much as 30%.
- E-sign - A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Aurora car insurance on the internet.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total Jetta insurance premium.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don't apply the the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you're out of luck.
Larger auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- State Farm has savings for multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver's education.
- Esurance includes discounts for emergency road assistance, good student, DriveSense, Pac-12 alumni, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including exclusive group savings, hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, new graduate, newly married, multi-car, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for good student, anti-lock brakes, multiple vehicles, mature driver, teen driver, safe vehicle, and group or association.
- GEICO has discounts for five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and good student.
Before buying, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Aurora.
Exclusive versus independent car insurance agents
A lot of people still like to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your information is emailed to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing an company shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. A good agent in Aurora will have answers to these questions.
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Aurora?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Aurora?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
When finding a reliable agent, it's helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance policy providers may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents of this type can only provide one company's prices and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are highly trained on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Aurora willing to provide rate quotes.
- State Farm: Anne Sandoval
18511 E Hampden Ave #210 - Aurora, CO 80013 - (303) 699-8883 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Bernard Demichelis
15062 E Mississippi Ave - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 750-5555 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Denise M. Franklyn
13768 E Quincy Ave - Aurora, CO 80015 - (303) 693-8968 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
When searching for an agent, you need to include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Aurora who can help you get price quotes.
- A All City Auto Insurance
9720 E Colfax Ave - Aurora, CO 80010 - (303) 364-0555 - View Map
- BUD JUDY AGENCY, INC. (INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENCY)
2222 S Fraser St Unit 4 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 368-5839 - View Map
- L.A. Insurance Agency
9601 E Colfax Ave - Aurora, CO 80010 - (303) 577-2400 - View Map
After talking to the agent and getting positive responses to any questions you may have and a good coverage price, most likely you have located an insurance agent that will service your policy.
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
Multiple criteria are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but others are less apparent like where you live or your commute time. Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. If you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find big savings.
- Car plus home equals more savings - Many insurers afford lower prices to insureds that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you're getting this discount drivers will still want to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Liability coverage is critical - Your policy's liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever you are responsible for physical damage or personal injury to other. It provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Raise your coverage deductibles for better costs - Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your car insurance pays a claim. Physical damage coverage, also called 'full coverage', covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be collision with another vehicle, fire damage, and damage from wind. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your car insurance will be.
- Safer cars cost less to insure - Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If your Volkswagen earned at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Responsible credit equals lower costs - Your credit score can be a huge factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. If your credit score can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Volkswagen Jetta by repairing your credit. Insureds with high credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than those with lower ratings.
- Battle of the sexes - The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn't mean women are better drivers. Males and females are responsible for fender benders in similar numbers, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Volkswagen Jetta insurance loss probability - Insurers use statistical claims data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that historically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher rates. The data below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Volkswagen Jetta vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is considered to be 100. Numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendancy for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volkswagen Jetta Vehicles
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Jetta 110 118 93 113 123 127 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid 128 121 114 104
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need insurance for your Jetta
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Volkswagen Jetta in Aurora, paying for auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Volkswagen Jetta has a lienholder, most banks will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Volkswagen at an extremely high rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your Volkswagen and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $750 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
One last thing to lower rates
As you quote Aurora car insurance, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
More affordable auto insurance in Aurora can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Aurora agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not offer rates over the internet and usually these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agents.
You just learned many tips how you can lower your Volkswagen Jetta insurance prices in Aurora. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Westminster, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)