Would you like to stop overpaying and find more competitive Nissan Murano insurance in Aurora? Feel like you're a prisoner to an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Say no more because there are lots of Aurora residents who feel the same.
Sadly, over 70% of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for over three years, and almost half have never taken the time to shop around. Colorado consumers could pocket about 35% a year just by comparing rates, but they won't spend time to compare rate quotes online.
Big companies like GEICO, Progressive and Allstate constantly blast consumers with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you have insurance now, you should be able to find the best rates using the ideas covered in this article. Locating the best rates in Aurora is really not that difficult. Although Colorado consumers must comprehend the way insurance companies determine how much to charge because it can help you find the best coverage.
Best companies for low-cost Nissan Murano insurance in Colorado
The companies in the list below offer free rate quotes in Colorado. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Murano S 2WD||$144||$282||$368||$22||$110||$926||$77|
|Murano S AWD||$302||$546||$352||$20||$106||$1,326||$111|
|Murano SL 2WD||$232||$454||$330||$20||$98||$1,134||$95|
|Murano SL AWD||$302||$562||$474||$28||$142||$1,508||$126|
|Murano LE 2WD||$276||$534||$474||$28||$142||$1,454||$121|
|Murano LE AWD||$350||$538||$460||$28||$138||$1,514||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can affect prices greatly.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can raise or lower Nissan Murano insurance rates for each age group. The information is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Four Things That Influence Your Insurance Rates
Many things are used when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are more obscure like where you live or your financial responsibility. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in lower rates.
The following are some of the major factors companies use to determine rates.
Don't skimp on liability coverage - The liability section of your policy is the protection if ever you are responsible for physical damage or personal injury to other. It provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Do you know your coverage deductibles? - Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles represent how much money the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some coverage claims are colliding with a stationary object, vandalism, and damage caused by road hazards. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the better rate you will receive.
Drive fewer miles and save - The higher the mileage driven in a year's time the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. A policy that improperly rates your Murano is throwing money out the window. Double check that your auto insurance coverage is showing how each vehicle is driven.
Auto insurance policy lapses raise prices - Not having insurance is a misdemeanor and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the Colorado department of motor vehicles.
Loss statistics for a Nissan Murano - Companies factor in historical loss data when they file their rates in each state. Models that statistically have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below shows the insurance loss data for Nissan Murano vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Nissan Murano Models
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan Murano 4dr 2WD||79||105|
|Nissan Murano 4dr 4WD||102||66||98||84|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get lower-cost Nissan Murano insurance in Aurora with discounts
Some companies don't always list all their discounts very well, so the list below contains both the well known and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 can get a discount up to 10%.
- Professional Organizations - Belonging to certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on insurance.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Employee of Federal Government - Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Aurora auto insurance depending on your insurance provider.
- Accident Waiver - Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven't had any claims prior to the accident.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Aurora auto insurance quote.
- Sign Early and Save - Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current Murano insurance policy. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars with the same insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that's just not realistic.
Larger insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, anti-theft, defensive driver, daytime running lights, and air bags.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for multi-policy, location of vehicle, age of vehicle, good student, anti-theft, multi-car, and professional/association.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for multi-car, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, and switch companies.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include anti-lock brakes, company car, mature driver, paperless, and safe vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including newly married, good student, new vehicle discount, new move discount, and teen driver discount.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for multi-car, accident prevention training, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, bundle discounts, and teen safety rewards.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- USAA has discounts for defensive driver, vehicle storage, new vehicle, safe driver, good student, and loyalty savings.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Savings might not be offered on policies in Aurora. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Colorado, click this link.
Neighborhood agents and car insurance
Certain consumers still like to have an agent's advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Aurora who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don't hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- If they are an independent agency in Aurora, which companies do they recommend?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Aurora?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
Choose the right auto insurance agent
If you would like to find a local Aurora insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance policy providers can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Aurora who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Aurora that are able to give rate quotes.
Amercian Affordable Insurance: Arthur Blaszczyszn
10660 E Bethany Dr - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 577-9998 - View Map
After receiving good answers and an affordable coverage quote, most likely you have located an insurance agent that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles. Just remember you are entitled to cancel your coverage at any point so never feel that you are obligated to a specific agent for a certain time period.
Do insurance companies bend the truth?
Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm endlessly run ads on television and other media. All the companies try to convey promises that drivers can save some big amount if you change your policy. How is it plausible that every one can charge less that you're paying now?
Insurance companies require specific criteria for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For example, a preferred risk could possibly be over age 30, has other policies, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. A customer getting a price quote who fits those characteristics will get a cheap rate quote in Aurora and most likely will save when switching.
Potential insureds who do not match those standards may receive more expensive rates and the prospect going elsewhere. If you pay attention, the ads say "drivers who switch" not "everyone who quotes" save the amount stated. That's why insurance companies can make those claims. Because of this risk profiling, drivers should do a rate comparison at every renewal. It's just too difficult to predict with any certainty which company will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you may require specific advice.
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Nissan Murano?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Smart shoppers get results
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can compare Nissan Murano insurance premium rates in Aurora. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Aurora auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from the smaller companies.
More affordable insurance in Aurora is possible online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you shop your coverage around, it's not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Single Moms in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Westminster, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)