How long has it been since you shopped around for cheaper Mini Cooper insurance in Aurora? Having to pay for expensive car insurance in Aurora can empty your savings and force you to make sacrifices. Comparing rates annually can lower your rates and help to make sure you're not throwing money away.
It's astonishing, but most car insurance buyers in Colorado have been with the same company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they just don't understand the big savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
There are many insurers to insure vehicles with, and even though it's nice to have a choice, it makes it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
These discounts can slash Mini Cooper insurance rates
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but companies offer discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but some need to be inquired about prior to getting the savings. If they aren't giving you every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- 55 and Retired - Seniors may be able to get lower premium rates.
- No Accidents - Drivers who don't have accidents have much lower rates when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few larger companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current Cooper insurance policy. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not really a discount, but certain companies permit an accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include switch companies, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, multi-car, business and professional, and early shopping.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for renters, good student, defensive driver, multi-policy, homeowner, Pac-12 alumni, and anti-theft.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple autos, defensive driving training, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, and student away at school.
- GEICO includes discounts for daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, air bags, federal employee, and multi-policy.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including farm vehicle, premier plus, FullPay discount, auto/life discount, safe driver, teenSMART discount, and multi-policy.
If you need cheaper Aurora auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Aurora. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Aurora, follow this link.
When price shopping your coverage, more quotes will enable you to find better pricing.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Colorado. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cooper 2-Dr Hatchback||$336||$672||$404||$24||$120||$1,556||$130|
|Cooper 2-Dr Convertible||$152||$264||$238||$14||$72||$740||$62|
|Cooper S 2-Dr Hatchback||$208||$448||$280||$16||$84||$1,036||$86|
|Cooper S 2-Dr Convertible||$300||$620||$280||$16||$84||$1,300||$108|
|Cooper John Cooper Works 2-Dr Hatchback||$162||$332||$338||$20||$102||$954||$80|
|Cooper John Cooper Works 2-Dr Convertible||$294||$640||$262||$16||$78||$1,290||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in specific Aurora garaging location which can alter price quotes noticeably.
Careless drivers pay higher rates
The example below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can impact Mini Cooper auto insurance rates for each different age category. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can raise or lower Mini Cooper premium costs for different insured age categories. Data assumes a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Why Informed Consumers Pay Less for Mini Cooper Insurance
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the things that are used to determine your car insurance rates. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with lower premium levels.
The itemized list below are some of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
- Never let your car insurance policy lapse - Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines or a revoked license. You may have to file a SR-22 with the Colorado department of motor vehicles.
- High insurance claims frequency drives up prices - If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to higher rates. Insurance companies in Colorado provide better rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Liability coverage is cheap - Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you when you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Only buy coverage you need - There are many extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying car insurance. Coverages like rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and membership fees are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas at first, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- Does insurance cost less for women? - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn't mean females are better drivers. Both sexes get in at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but males tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Your location is a factor - Living in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can be a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. City drivers have to deal with more road rage incidents and more time behind the wheel. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Vocation stress can affect prices - Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers such as fire fighters, air traffic controllers, and stock brokers have higher average rates in part from stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Other careers such as professors, engineers and performers pay lower than average rates.
- Mini Cooper insurance loss statistics - Insurers analyze past claim statistics to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that historically have higher loss trends will have higher premium rates.
The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Mini Cooper vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, equals 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage values above 100 indicate frequent claims or tendancy to have larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Mini Cooper Models
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mini Cooper 92 72 114 74 74 85 Mini Cooper Convertible 80 72 100 57 Mini Cooper Coupe 72 60 Mini Cooper Roadster Convertible 57 50 78
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare rate quotes but still have a neighborhood Aurora auto insurance agent
Certain consumers just want to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents that provide free Aurora auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Aurora, get answers to these questions.
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Aurora?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
Shown below are Aurora auto insurance companies that are able to give price quotes for Mini Cooper insurance in Aurora.
A Complete Auto Insurance Agency
543 Sable Blvd - Aurora, CO 80011 - (303) 650-0060 - View Map
After you get acceptable answers to any questions you have as well as an affordable premium quote, you have narrowed it down to a company that is a good match to properly service your car insurance policy.
Buying the right Mini Cooper insurance in Colorado is an important decision
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Mini in Aurora, buying car insurance is required in Colorado but it also protects you in many ways.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Mini Cooper, almost every bank will require that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Mini at a much higher rate and require you to fork over for it.
Third, insurance safeguards your Mini and your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
How much can you save?
More affordable insurance in Aurora is attainable both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
When you buy Aurora auto insurance online, make sure you don't skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an insured cut full coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Forester in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)