Trying to find cheaper Land Rover LR2 insurance in Aurora? Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an overpriced auto insurance policy? Believe me, you're not the only one.
It's hard to believe, but nearly 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. American drivers could save approximately $859 a year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they moved their coverage to a different company.
With people having so many choices of insurance companies that have affordable insurance for a Land Rover LR2 in Aurora, it can be challenging to find the most cost effective auto insurance company.
The goal of this article is to familiarize you with how to compare rates easily and also save some money in the process If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the concepts covered in this article. Nevertheless, Colorado drivers benefit from understanding how the larger insurance companies price insurance differently and take advantage of how the system works.
Car insurance providers offering competitive price quotes in Colorado
The following companies have been selected to offer quotes in Aurora, CO. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|LR2 HSE Luxury||$182||$332||$368||$22||$110||$1,014||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can increase or decrease coverage rates noticeably.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by gender and age
The chart below shows the difference between Land Rover LR2 annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Liability only or full coverage
The information below shows the difference between Land Rover LR2 insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop full coverage
There is no set rule to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Land Rover LR2 book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying over $700 annually for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Physical damage deductibles
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Land Rover LR2 annual premium costs for different age groups. The data is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Get More Affordable Auto Insurance with These Tips
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that are used to determine auto insurance rates. If you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower auto insurance prices.
- Eliminate extra coverages - Policies have optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed on your auto insurance policy. Things like vanishing deductibles, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but if you've never needed them in the past get rid of them and save.
- Safer the car lower the rate - Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Land Rover LR2 earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may be receiving a better rate.
- Teen drivers pay high prices - Teenage drivers in Colorado have been known to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher. Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
- Bad drivers pay high costs - Having a single speeding ticket could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. Good drivers get better prices as compared to those with violations. People who have serious citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions might be required by their state to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Auto insurance policy lapses increase prices - Allowing your coverage to lapse is a quick way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Influences performance influences auto insurance premiums - The type of car or truck you need to insure makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. Since the Land Rover LR2 is a standard SUV, insurance will be slightly more as compared to the average rate in Aurora. Smaller low performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Poor credit can mean higher costs - Your credit history factor in determining your rates. If your credit rating could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Land Rover LR2 by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers who have good credit tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower ratings.
- Rural areas have lower premiums - Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages when it comes to auto insurance. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have more aggressive driving styles and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Land Rover LR2 insurance loss statistics - Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates.
The data below shows the loss history for Land Rover LR2 vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Values below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Land Rover LR2 Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Land Rover LR2 4dr 4WD 115 162 99
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Aurora insurance discounts for a Land Rover LR2
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but less common discounts must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying a new car instead of a used LR2 can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This isn't a discount exactly, but some companies like Allstate and State Farm will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Driving Data Discount - Insureds that choose to allow companies to spy on driving patterns by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Renewal Discounts - Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Defensive Driver - Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Insuring several vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Aurora Homeowners Discount - Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good driver, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, defensive driving training, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- American Family may include discounts for defensive driver, air bags, multi-vehicle, accident-free, good driver, Steer into Savings, and TimeAway discount.
- GEICO has discounts for defensive driver, seat belt use, anti-theft, federal employee, driver training, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century offers discounts including driver training, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, teen driver, early bird, homeowners, and 55 and older.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, and multi-policy.
If you want affordable Aurora auto insurance quotes, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in your state.
Local Aurora insurance agents
Many people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local agents is important particularly in Aurora.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will return price quotes to get your business. You won't need to do any legwork because prices are sent instantly to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to compare rates from a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best company requires you to look at more than just the price. A good agent in Aurora will have answers to these questions.
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Aurora?
- How long has their agency been in business in Aurora?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
After you get answers to your satisfaction to your questions and cheap LR2 insurance quotes, you may have just found an insurance company that meets the criteria to adequately provide insurance.
Ads can be misleading
Car insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO seem to constantly run ads on television and other media. They all seem to advertise claims about savings if you move your coverage to them. That's great but how can every company charge you a lower premium? Here is how they do it.
All companies have underwriting criteria for the type of customer that will not have excessive claims. An example of this type of risk profile might have to be over the age of 40, has no tickets, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. A customer who fits those characteristics will probably get the lowest prices and have a good chance to save a lot on Aurora Land Rover LR2 insurance if they switch.
Consumers who fall short of this stringent profile will be quoted higher premium rates and the customer buying from someone else. The wording the ads use say "customers that switch" not "all people who quote" save that much. That is how companies can make those claims.
This really drives home the point why it is so important to compare rate quotes every year. It's just too difficult to predict the company that will fit your personal profile best.
Insurance agents can help
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone's situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Colorado?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Colorado?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- How high should deductibles be on a Land Rover LR2?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Cheap insurance is out there
The cheapest Land Rover LR2 insurance in Aurora is possible online as well as from independent agents in Aurora, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not offer online price quotes and many times these smaller companies work with independent insurance agents.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to find lower-cost Land Rover LR2 insurance in Aurora. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Aurora auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company. Some small companies often have lower rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don't buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
More information can be found below:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 17 Year Olds in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Parker, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)