Want to learn a better way to compare more affordable auto insurance rates in Aurora, CO? Aurora buyers have a choice when searching for low-cost Honda Crosstour insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents trying to get quotes or use the internet to compare rates. There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance so we're going to tell you the best way to quote coverages on a Honda and find the best price possible from both online companies and Aurora agents.
Finding a better price on insurance can be quick and easy. You just need to spend a little time getting comparison quotes online with multiple companies.
The providers in the list below offer quotes in Aurora, CO. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Here's why auto insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Colorado but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Honda Crosstour has a lienholder, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Honda at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your Honda and your personal assets. It will also cover medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $800 each year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Get cheaper Honda Crosstour insurance rates in Aurora
Some companies don't list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Aurora car insurance online.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Good Student - Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Own a Home - Just owning your own home can save a few bucks because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Telematics Data - Drivers that enable driving data collection to analyze driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
- Low Mileage - Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Bundle and Save - When you combine your auto and home insurance with the same insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
Consumers should know that some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don't profit that way.
To find companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Colorado, click this link.
Can't I compare rate quotes from local Aurora car insurance agents?
Many drivers just want to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain better rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won't even need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent instantly to you. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific company, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider is decision based upon more than just a low price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
When narrowing the list to find a good insurance agency, you should know the different agency structures that you can choose from. Agents are categorized either independent or exclusive. Both sell auto insurance policies, but it's important to know the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are contracted to one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Drivers often choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Aurora who may provide you with price quotes.
- Wayne Johnson - State Farm Insurance Agent
12201 E Mississippi Ave #105 - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 695-6262 - View Map
- Stacy Nimmo - State Farm Insurance Agent
1399 S Havana St #201-G - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 364-6900 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Norma Contreras
4272 S Chambers Rd - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 699-3327 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, we recommend you include price quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. A lot of them also have access to small regional insurance companies which can save you money.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Aurora that are able to give comparison quotes.
- L.A. Insurance Agency
9601 E Colfax Ave - Aurora, CO 80010 - (303) 577-2400 - View Map
- ALINK Insurance Services
3033 S Parker Rd #120 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 752-6479 - View Map
- A All City Auto Insurance
9720 E Colfax Ave - Aurora, CO 80010 - (303) 364-0555 - View Map
If you feel you receive positive responses to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you may have found an auto insurance agent that will insure your vehicles.
Car insurance coverages for a Honda Crosstour
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Crosstour caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as hitting a parking meter, rolling your car and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible on your Crosstour to bring the cost down.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses for things like EMT expenses, hospital visits and X-ray expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as damage to your Honda Crosstour.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 25/50/15), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other's property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn't cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/15 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $15,000.
Liability coverage pays for things like emergency aid, funeral expenses and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it's cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Colorado requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as fire damage, hail damage, a broken windshield and vandalism. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Persistence will pay off
When you buy Aurora car insurance online, don't be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an accident victim reduced collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and delays in paying claims. No matter why you want to switch, switching insurance companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Cheaper insurance in Aurora can be bought from both online companies in addition to many Aurora insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Aurora, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Colorado? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)