Perplexed by the number of car insurance sources that you can choose from? There are so many sources to choose from that it can easily turn into a difficult challenge to find lower premium rates on Audi A5 insurance. Aurora is a wonderful place to live, but high car insurance rates can make it hard for many residents to afford coverage.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of car insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Colorado drivers could save themselves 35% a year just by shopping around, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Affordable companies for Audi A5 insurance in Colorado
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Colorado. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you get prices from several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium 2-Dr Coupe||$214||$416||$280||$16||$84||$1,010||$84|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$434||$740||$392||$24||$118||$1,708||$142|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$326||$822||$314||$18||$94||$1,574||$131|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$206||$508||$362||$22||$108||$1,206||$101|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$422||$1030||$404||$24||$120||$2,000||$167|
|A5 2.0T Premium 2-Dr Convertible||$326||$862||$396||$24||$118||$1,726||$144|
|A5 2.0T Premium Plus 2-Dr Convertible||$328||$794||$456||$28||$136||$1,742||$145|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$466||$1030||$404||$24||$120||$2,044||$170|
|A5 2.0T Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Convertible||$200||$432||$396||$24||$118||$1,170||$98|
|A5 2.0T Prestige 2-Dr Convertible||$410||$964||$426||$26||$128||$1,954||$163|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$342||$720||$308||$18||$92||$1,480||$123|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in specific location information which can alter coverage prices noticeably.
Safe drivers pay less for auto insurance
The diagram below shows how violations and at-fault accidents can affect Audi A5 annual premium costs for different age groups. The data is based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Informed Drivers Save on Insurance
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that go into determining your premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs. Multiple criteria are considered when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but others are more transparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
Listed below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by companies to determine your prices.
- Bump up deductibles to lower rates - Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Coverage for physical damage, also called 'full coverage', insures against damage to your car. Some coverage claims are colliding with a stationary object, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The more damage repair cost you're willing to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Marriage discount - Having a significant other actually saves money on your insurance bill. Having a spouse means you're more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Prices for men may be higher - Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn't mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females cause accidents in similar numbers, but the males get into accidents with more damage. They also receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Young men ages 16 to 20 have the highest risk to insure and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
- Know your vehicle's safety rating - Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. Safer cars reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates.
- Audi A5 claim probability - Insurance companies factor in insurance loss information when they calculate premium prices for each model. Models that tend to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for specific coverages. The table below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Audi A5 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probablilty for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Audi A5 Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A5 2dr 4WD 196 92 140 73 83 100 Audi A5 Convertible 4WD 147 73 140 56
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Aurora auto insurance discounts
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you may find discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but a few need to be specifically requested before you will receive the discount. If you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Discount for New Cars - Insuring a new A5 can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- No Claim Discounts - Drivers who don't have accidents get the best auto insurance rates as opposed to bad drivers.
- Driver's Education for Students - Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver's education course if it's offered in school.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Aurora car insurance quote.
- Bundle and Save - If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Drive Safe and Save - Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Seat Belt Usage - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include good student, bundle, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, air bag, anti-theft, and driver training.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for type of vehicle, ease of repair, low natural disaster claims, accident-free, and location of vehicle.
- GEICO has savings for seat belt use, five-year accident-free, good student, driver training, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-policy, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, good student, education and occupation, and anti-theft.
- State Farm offers discounts for anti-theft, good student, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, multiple policy, passive restraint, and student away at school.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in your state. For a list of companies with discount rates in Colorado, click here to view.
Local Aurora insurance agencies
Many people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from local agents is especially important in Aurora.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to insurance agents in Aurora who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don't have to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You'll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Aurora
When researching a good Aurora insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents and how they operate. Auto insurance agents can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you. When comparison shopping, you definitely need to get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. They often place coverage with companies that do not advertise much that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Featured below are Aurora independent agents that may be able to give you free rate quotes.
- Diversified Commercial Insurers
2228 S Fraser St #2 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 693-9343 - View Map
- A All City Auto Insurance
9720 E Colfax Ave - Aurora, CO 80010 - (303) 364-0555 - View Map
- Amercian Affordable Insurance: Arthur Blaszczyszn
10660 E Bethany Dr - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 577-9998 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only write with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some people will only choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Aurora who can help you get rate quotes.
- State Farm: Joel Kruschwitz
9801 E Colfax Ave - Aurora, CO 80010 - (303) 344-1175 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Bernard Demichelis
15062 E Mississippi Ave - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 750-5555 - View Map
- Bill Mahaffy III - State Farm Insurance Agent
15281 E Smoky Hill Rd - Aurora, CO 80015 - (720) 886-0400 - View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Aurora should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- How long has their agency been open in Aurora?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
After getting acceptable answers for all questions you ask as well as inexpensive Audi A5 insurance in Aurora quotes, you've probably found an insurance agency that is a good match to provide auto insurance coverage.
Compare but don't skimp
When buying insurance coverage, don't be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and learned later they didn't have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to find cheaper Audi A5 insurance in Aurora. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best prices are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers, high prices or even questionable increases in premium. Whatever your reason, switching companies can be less work than you think.
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Littleton, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Commerce City, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)