Searching for more competitive Audi Q5 insurance in Fort Collins? Finding lower-cost Fort Collins Audi Q5 insurance quotes may be difficult for consumers new to comparing rates and buying insurance on the web. With so many options of online companies, how are we expected to have the ability to compare each option to find the best pricing?
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that a large majority of insurance policyholders in Colorado have bought insurance from the same company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Drivers in America can cut their rates by up to $860 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to shop around.
It's a good habit to get comparison quotes on a regular basis because rates change frequently. Just because you found the best rate on Audi Q5 insurance in Fort Collins a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the only way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Affordable companies for Audi Q5 insurance
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Colorado. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Q5 3.2 Premium AWD||$238||$528||$338||$20||$100||$1,224||$102|
|Q5 3.2 Premium Plus AWD||$262||$514||$330||$20||$98||$1,224||$102|
|Q5 3.2 Premium Plus S-Line AWD||$238||$516||$396||$24||$118||$1,292||$108|
|Q5 3.2 Prestige AWD||$380||$838||$352||$20||$106||$1,696||$141|
|Q5 3.2 Prestige S-Line AWD||$272||$652||$426||$26||$128||$1,504||$125|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location which can raise or lower insurance rates noticeably.
Cautious Fort Collins drivers save money
The diagram below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can drive up Audi Q5 insurance premiums for different insured age categories. The prices are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Physical damage deductibles
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can raise or lower Audi Q5 annual premium costs for each different age category. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Males versus Females
The example below shows the difference between Audi Q5 insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
How Your Q5 Insurance Premiums are Determined
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but others are more transparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
The itemized list below are some of the most common factors that factor into your premiums.
Does your occupation raise your rates? - Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupational choices like real estate brokers, business owners and dentists tend to pay higher premium rates due to stressful work requirements and long work days. Other jobs like professors, engineers and retirees have lower than average premiums.
Premiums increase with policy add-ons - There are quite a few additional coverages that may not really be needed if you don't pay attention. Things like rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
Liability coverage limits on your policy - The liability section of your policy will afford coverage in the event that you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Cheaper premiums for being claim-free - If you tend to file frequent claims, don't be surprised to see much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Colorado generally give better rates to drivers who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Careless drivers pay higher premiums - Drivers with clean records get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Only having one speeding ticket may increase your cost substantially. Drivers with serious violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
How do annual miles impact rates? - The more miles you rack up on your Audi in a year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of companies apply a rate based on their usage. Autos that have low annual miles receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. Having the wrong rating on your Q5 is throwing money out the window. Verify your declarations sheet reflects annual mileage.
Your address can push rates up or down - Choosing to live in a rural area can be a good thing when talking about car insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims. Urban drivers have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and a longer drive to work. Higher commute times statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Insurance loss probability for an Audi Q5 - Insurers analyze the history of losses to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Vehicles that the data shows to have increased losses will cost more for specific coverages.
The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Audi Q5 vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probablilty for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more losses or statistically larger losses.
Audi Q5 Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi Q5 4dr 4WD||143||96||110||61||55||78|
|Audi Q5 Hybrid 4dr 4WD||156||165|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Companies offer many discounts on Audi Q5 insurance in Fort Collins
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every discount very clearly, so here is a list both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Fort Collins auto insurance online.
- ABS Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Distant College Student Discount - Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Fort Collins and won't have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Federal Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO allow you one accident before your rates go up as long as you don't have any claims for a set time period.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Low annual miles could qualify for better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Buy New and Save - Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Paper-free Discount - A few larger online companies will provide an incentive shop Fort Collins auto insurance on your computer.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Some insurance companies give a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, that's just not realistic.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for student away at school, defensive driving training, good driver, multiple autos, and safe vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include new move discount, newly retired, multi-car, newly married, preferred payment discount, and hybrid vehicle.
- American Family has savings for TimeAway discount, air bags, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for mature driver, switch companies, alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for multiple vehicles, multi-policy, safe vehicle, paid in full, paperless, student away at school, and air bags.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including drive less, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, homeowner, and safe driver.
Double check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to see a list of companies with the best Audi Q5 insurance discounts in Fort Collins, click here to view.
Auto insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
A small number of people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to agents in your area that provide free Fort Collins auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don't have to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, don't hesitate to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best company requires more thought than just the premium amount. Any agent in Fort Collins should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
What types of car insurance agents are in Fort Collins?
When researching a local Fort Collins insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies in Fort Collins are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are Fort Collins exclusive insurance agents that are able to give price quotes.
- State Farm: Eric Moskalski
1090 E Elizabeth St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 493-1888 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Daniel B Richmond Agency Inc.
923 E Prospect Rd - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 484-2881 - View Map
- Rip Knight - State Farm Insurance Agent
1015 S Taft Hill Rd - Fort Collins, CO 80521 - (970) 232-9212 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not sell for just one brand and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, it's recommended you compare quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with small mutual carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a list of independent agents in Fort Collins who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Frontier Insurance Group
144 N Mason St # 5 - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 672-8853 - View Map
- Fort Collins Insurance Agency, LLC
1730 S College Ave #202 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 222-9477 - View Map
- John C. Beckett and Associates
220 Smith St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 484-2805 - View Map
Can you really save $467 a year?
Companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO endlessly run ads on television and other media. All the companies try to convey promises that drivers will save a bundle if you get a free Fort Collins auto insurance quote and switch to them. How can each company offer you a better deal on Audi Q5 insurance in Fort Collins?
Many companies quote their cheapest rates for the type of customer that will generate a profit. One example of a desirable risk could be between 25 and 40, has a clear driving record, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A driver that matches those criteria will get low premium rates as well as save money with a new company.
Drivers who are not a match for this stringent profile will probably have to pay more expensive rates which results in business going elsewhere. The ads say "people who switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that much money. This is how companies can lure you into getting a quote. This emphasizes why drivers should get as many free Fort Collins auto insurance quotes as possible. Because you never know which insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
Auto insurance can be complex
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing your policy, there is no one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions can help discover if you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Who is covered when they drive my Audi Q5?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Persistence pays off
Cheap Audi Q5 insurance in Fort Collins is attainable both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent and even poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new car insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
To read more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Journey in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Teachers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Car Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Loveland, CO? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)