Finding cheaper insurance for an Audi A6 in Colorado can be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips to make it easier.
There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance rates and we'll show you the quickest way to quote coverages for your Audi and obtain the cheapest rates either online or from Aurora insurance agents.
A recent survey discovered that the vast majority of consumers in Colorado have remained with the same insurance company for more than four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never quoted insurance rates at all. U.S. drivers could save an average of $850 each year, but they just don't understand the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a cheaper policy.
It is always a good idea to compare prices yearly because prices change regularly. Just because you found the best rates on Audi A6 insurance in Aurora two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you're about to find out the fastest way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Comparison shopping for affordable policy in Aurora is not as hard as you think. If you have coverage now or need new coverage, use these techniques to lower your rates without reducing coverage. Consumers just need to know the fastest way to buy auto insurance from many different companies online.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Audi A6 insurance in Aurora takes advantage of the fact most larger insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to provide you with free rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide a small amount of information including if you are currently licensed, your credit rating estimate, how old drivers are, and if the vehicle is leased. The rating information is sent automatically to multiple top-rated companies and you get price estimates instantly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Aurora.
The following companies can provide price comparisons in Aurora, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A6 3.2 Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$264||$554||$368||$22||$110||$1,318||$110|
|A6 3.2 Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$324||$688||$368||$22||$110||$1,512||$126|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$264||$554||$368||$22||$110||$1,318||$110|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$296||$554||$358||$22||$108||$1,338||$112|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Station Wagon||$300||$652||$362||$22||$108||$1,444||$120|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Plus Station Wagon||$200||$454||$338||$20||$102||$1,114||$93|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$212||$406||$362||$22||$108||$1,110||$93|
|A6 3.0 Quattro Prestige Station Wagon||$264||$442||$392||$24||$118||$1,240||$103|
|A6 4.2 Quattro Prestige 8Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$198||$418||$338||$20||$100||$1,074||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in your specific Aurora location which can increase or decrease rates substantially.
Full coverage or liability only
The illustration below examines Audi A6 auto insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The price estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comp and collision
There isn't a steadfast formula of when to stop paying for full coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's say your Audi A6 claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $200 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Raise deductibles and save
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can affect Audi A6 insurance rates for each different age category. The information is based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Audi A6 in Aurora, insurance is required by state law in Colorado and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Audi A6 with a loan, most banks will stipulate that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Audi at an extremely high rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your Audi A6 and your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your Audi gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $869 every year so it's recommended you shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Affordable Aurora insurance rates with discounts
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for before you get the savings. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Distant Student - Older children who live away from home to go to college and won't have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Full Payment Discount - By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Professional Organizations - Being a member of a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Federal Government Employee - Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Aurora car insurance with some insurance companies.
- Driver Training Discounts - Passing a course teaching defensive driving skills may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Save with a New Car - Insuring a new A6 can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- No Claims - Good drivers with no accidents pay less in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Smart Student Discounts - Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Auto insurance companies who may offer some of the above discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. To view insurers with significant discounts in Colorado, click here.
Local insurance agents
Many drivers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for local agencies is still important in Aurora.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Aurora who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If for some reason you want to compare prices from one company in particular, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Listed below are Aurora insurance companies willing to provide rate quotes for Audi A6 insurance in Aurora.
- Allstate Insurance: Mark Graham
1450 S Havana St Ste 308 - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 755-2600 - View Map
- Stacy Nimmo - State Farm Insurance Agent
1399 S Havana St #201-G - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 364-6900 - View Map
- Scott Underwood State Farm Insurance
15322 E Alameda Pkwy #25 - Aurora, CO 80017 - (303) 745-3174 - View Map
- John Baer - State Farm Insurance Agent
6155 S Main St #240 - Aurora, CO 80016 - (303) 680-7777 - View Map
Finding the right provider is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. A good agent in Aurora will have answers to these questions.
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Colorado?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
When do I need an agent's advice?
When it comes to choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique and your insurance should be unique as well. These are some specific questions may help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Colorado?
- What does medical payments cover?
If you can't answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Cover all your bases
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to save on Audi A6 insurance in Aurora. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you'll have of finding the cheapest Audi A6 rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
When you buy Aurora car insurance online, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More detailed car insurance information is available in the articles below:
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Commerce City, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Cruze? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)