Comparing and finding cheap prices for Volkswagen Touareg insurance in Colorado Springs is always frustrating for drivers not familiar with online price comparisons. With so many insurance companies available, it can be a big hassle to find the perfect company for you.
It's astonishing, but almost 70% of insureds have remained with the same car insurance company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Colorado drivers could save $600 each year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
It's important to take a look at other company's rates once or twice a year because car insurance rates tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the best premium rates on Volkswagen Touareg insurance in Colorado Springs a year ago you can probably find a better price now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because we're going to demonstrate one of the easiest ways to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Volkswagen Touareg insurance in Colorado Springs.
Our goal in writing this article help educate you on how to effectively get price quotes and also save some money in the process If you have a current insurance policy, you should be able to reduce the price you pay using the following tips. Nevertheless, Colorado consumers do need to learn the methods companies use to calculate your policy premium and use it to your advantage.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Volkswagen Touareg insurance in Colorado Springs
Auto insurance companies don't list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Colorado Springs auto insurance online.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Touareg insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Cautious Driver Discounts - Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of 20% or more.
- Discount for New Cars - Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one isn't a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO will let one accident slide without raising rates so long as you haven't had any claims before the accident.
- Government Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Good Student - Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
Popular car insurance companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, accident-free, multiple autos, and driver's education.
- Esurance has discounts for online shopper, multi-car, Pac-12 alumni, homeowner, online quote, Switch & Save, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include new vehicle discount, newly married, new move discount, hybrid vehicle, multi-policy, exclusive group savings, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for paid in full, air bags, anti-lock brakes, safe vehicle, group or association, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-policy, defensive driver, daytime running lights, anti-theft, military active duty, and driver training.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of companies who offer car insurance discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rate quotes for Volkswagen Touareg insurance in Colorado Springs is to understand auto insurance companies participate in online systems to give rate comparisons. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide information including what your job is, if you went to college, your credit rating estimate, and if you require a SR-22. The data is automatically sent to insurance companies and they return cost estimate instantly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and complete the form.
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Colorado. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Touareg 3 Turbo Diesel AWD 4-Dr||$266||$566||$456||$28||$136||$1,452||$121|
|Touareg 3.6 AWD 4-Dr||$342||$620||$352||$20||$106||$1,440||$120|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in Colorado Springs location which can modify auto insurance rates greatly.
The information below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can change Volkswagen Touareg insurance costs for each different age group. The premiums assume a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local Colorado Springs insurance agent
A lot of people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and also buy local. Supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in Colorado Springs.
Upon completion of this short form, your information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Colorado Springs who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to contact any agents because prices are sent to you directly. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
What type of Colorado Springs auto insurance agent is right for you?
If you need to find a reliable insurance agent, there are two types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company so they can write business with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you. When comparing rates, you absolutely need to get several quotes from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with mutual insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Colorado Springs who can help you get competitive price quotes.
- O'Donnell Agency Inc
707 S Tejon St - Colorado Springs, CO 80903 - (719) 227-7100 - View Map
- Pikes Peak Insurance Agency
2306 N Powers Blvd #120 - Colorado Springs, CO 80915 - (719) 591-4500 - View Map
- WIN Insurance Agency
3485 Academy Blvd N Ste 101 - Colorado Springs, CO 80917 - (719) 599-9494 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They usually cannot provide other company's prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are trained well on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Colorado Springs that can give you price quotes.
- Lee Ann Moore - State Farm Insurance Agent
3649 Star Ranch Rd - Colorado Springs, CO 80906 - (719) 540-9520 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Dave Lohman
76 S Sierra Madre St b - Colorado Springs, CO 80903 - (719) 471-9271 - View Map
- Aileen Baldwin - State Farm Insurance Agent
540 W Garden of the Gods Rd - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 599-9044 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a low price. A good agent in Colorado Springs will have answers to these questions.
- How many companies do they write for?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Colorado Springs?
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices or even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding the right auto insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We covered many tips how you can find cheaper Volkswagen Touareg insurance in Colorado Springs. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
Some companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agencies. More affordable auto insurance in Colorado Springs is possible online and also from your neighborhood Colorado Springs agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
Much more information about auto insurance in Colorado is available at the links below
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 17 Year Olds in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Car Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)