Are you regretting buying overpriced Subaru Impreza insurance in Fort Collins? Believe me when I say there are many Fort Collins consumers feeling the pinch from expensive auto insurance.
It's shocking but nearly 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in Colorado could pocket roughly 35% a year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they changed companies.
There is such a variety of car insurance companies to choose from, and although it's a good thing to be able to choose, it can be more challenging to compare company pricing for Subaru Impreza insurance in Fort Collins.
Companies offering Subaru Impreza insurance in Colorado
The companies shown below provide quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Impreza 2.5I 4WD Station Wagon||$152||$218||$362||$22||$108||$862||$72|
|Impreza 2.5I 4WD Station Wagon||$244||$372||$474||$28||$142||$1,260||$105|
|Impreza Outback Sport 4WD Station Wagon||$220||$368||$352||$20||$106||$1,066||$89|
|Impreza 2.5I AWD 4-Dr||$214||$380||$396||$24||$118||$1,132||$94|
|Impreza 2.5I Premium Package AWD 4-Dr||$330||$630||$358||$22||$108||$1,448||$121|
|Impreza WRX 4WD Station Wagon||$214||$426||$368||$22||$110||$1,140||$95|
|Impreza 2.5 GT 4WD Station Wagon||$272||$500||$426||$26||$128||$1,352||$113|
|Impreza WRX AWD 4-Dr||$334||$714||$426||$26||$128||$1,628||$136|
|Impreza 2.5I GT AWD 4-Dr||$206||$448||$426||$26||$128||$1,234||$103|
|Impreza WRX STI 4WD Station Wagon||$266||$566||$456||$28||$136||$1,452||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in specific Fort Collins garaging location which can revise auto insurance rates considerably.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only
The chart below illustrates the difference between Subaru Impreza premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The prices are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no definitive formula to delete comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Subaru Impreza settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If you are currently paying more than $700 annually to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Subaru Impreza insurance in Fort Collins
Some providers don't always list every available discount in a way that's easy to find, so the list below details both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Fort Collins auto insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Student in College - Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Fort Collins and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Telematics Devices - Drivers who elect to allow their car insurance company to track driving habits by installing a telematics device like Allstate's Drivewise may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Professional Organizations - Being in a qualifying organization could trigger savings when getting a Fort Collins auto insurance quote.
- Senior Citizen Rates - If you're over the age of 55, you can get a slight reduction on a Fort Collins auto insurance quote.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with the same company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Low Miles Discount - Keeping the miles down on your Subaru can qualify you for substantially lower prices.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, that's just not realistic.
Companies and a selection of discounts are:
- Farm Bureau discounts include driver training, multi-vehicle, safe driver, multi-policy, and 55 and retired.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include safety features, new move discount, newly retired, exclusive group savings, newly married, and preferred payment discount.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, passive restraint, good student, and good driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including multiple vehicles, safe vehicle, group or association, teen driver, multi-policy, paid in full, and paperless.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-policy, air bags, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, seat belt use, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO includes discounts for safe driver, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, anti-theft, multi-car, and drive less.
It's a good idea to ask every company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in Fort Collins.
Can't I compare rate quotes from local Fort Collins auto insurance agents?
Certain consumers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with small agencies is especially important in Fort Collins.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your business. You don't have to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Colorado?
After receiving good answers to all your questions and locked in a price quote, most likely you have located a company that meets your needs to properly service your auto insurance policy. Keep in mind policyholders can terminate coverage for any reason so don't think you are locked into any specific agency for the full policy term.
Do drivers who switch really save $483 a year?
Insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. All the companies make an identical promise that drivers will save a bundle if you switch your policy. How is it plausible that every one can give you a lower rate on Subaru Impreza insurance in Fort Collins? Here is the trick they use.
Insurance companies have specific criteria for a prospective insured that earns them a profit. An example of this type of driver may be between the ages of 30 and 45, has a clean driving record, and has a short commute. Any person that hits that "sweet spot" may get the lowest prices in Fort Collins and as a result will probably save when switching.
People who are not a match for this stringent profile may be required to pay a higher rate which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say "customers who switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" save that much. This is how companies can truthfully make claims like that.
Because of this risk profiling, drivers must get Fort Collins auto insurance quotes from several different companies. Because without a comparison, you cannot know the company that will have the lowest rate quotes.
Find cheap rates by comparing often
The cheapest Subaru Impreza insurance in Fort Collins is definitely available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Fort Collins, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to save on Subaru Impreza insurance in Fort Collins. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding inexpensive Fort Collins auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the least-expected company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found at these sites: