Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for more affordable auto insurance rates in Colorado Springs, CO? Colorado Springs consumers have many options when looking for the best price on Scion tC insurance. You can either waste hours driving around trying to get quotes or utilize the internet to compare rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to find auto insurance online so you're going to learn the absolute fastest way to get price quotes on a Scion and obtain the cheapest rates.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, about 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never compared rates from other carriers. Most drivers in the United States can cut their rates by up to $850 a year, but they don't believe how much they could save if they bought a different policy.
Best companies for competitive Scion tC insurance in Colorado
The providers in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TC 2-Dr Hatchback||$246||$570||$452||$26||$136||$1,430||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in your specific Colorado Springs location which can modify premiums greatly.
The diagram below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can influence Scion tC insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Do you need full coverage?
The example below shows the comparison of Scion tC insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Colorado. The premium estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no exact formula of when to exclude full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's say your Scion tC replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $700 annually to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Discount Colorado Springs car insurance rates
Some insurers don't always advertise every discount they offer very clearly, so the list below details some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Military Rewards - Being on active duty in the military can result in better car insurance rates.
- Safe Drivers - Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Full Payment Discount - By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- ABS Brakes - Cars with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower the amount you have to pay.
Some companies who might offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not apply to policies in Colorado Springs. To see a list of car insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Colorado, click here.
Buy Scion tC Insurance at a Discount
It's important that you understand the different types of things that go into determining your premiums. If you know what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you big savings.
Listed below are a few of the things used by companies to determine premiums.
- Females pay lower rates - Statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. This data doesn't prove that men are worse drivers. Both sexes cause auto accidents in similar numbers, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also receive more major tickets such as reckless driving.
- Why do you need liability protection? - The liability coverage on your policy is the coverage that protects you when a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Your policy's liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Responsible drivers pay lower premiums - Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices than their less careful counterparts. Just one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers who get serious tickets such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding are required to file a SR-22 with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- High physical damage deductibles equal low rates - Comp and collision deductibles are how much you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be a windshield broken by a bird, vandalism, and damage from wind. The higher the amount you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Small claims can cost you - Insurance companies in Colorado give the lowest premiums to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for more catestrophic claims.
- Scion tC insurance loss data - Companies use data from past claims to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Models that tend to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more for coverage.
The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for Scion tC vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Numbers that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or larger claims.
Scion tC Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Scion tC 133 139 136 148 152 143
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may need advice from a local insurance agent
Some people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to local insurance agents in Colorado Springs who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You never need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Selecting a provider should include more criteria than just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Colorado Springs?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
How much can you save?
We covered some good ideas how to lower your Scion tC insurance auto insurance rates in Colorado Springs. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Colorado Springs auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest auto insurance rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in responding to claim requests and even denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
A few companies may not have online quoting and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agents. Cost effective Scion tC insurance is available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection.
Additional car insurance information is located below:
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Auto Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Car Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance Rates for Felons? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)