Do you want an efficient way to compare cheaper car insurance rates in Pueblo, CO? Pueblo drivers have many options when trying to find the best price on car insurance. They can either waste time calling around to compare prices or utilize the internet to get rate quotes. There are both good and bad ways to find car insurance online and you need to know the proper way to price shop coverage for a and obtain the best price possible either online or from Pueblo insurance agents.
Best companies for low-cost price quotes in Colorado
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Colorado. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS 2WD||$1,508||$754||$126|
|Chevrolet Malibu LT||$954||$477||$80|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$1,064||$532||$89|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$1,768||$884||$147|
|Ford Edge SE AWD||$816||$408||$68|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$788||$394||$66|
|Ford F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$906||$453||$76|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$996||$498||$83|
|Ford Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,352||$676||$113|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,224||$612||$102|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$1,056||$528||$88|
|Honda Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,136||$568||$95|
|Hyundai Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$1,262||$631||$105|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$1,200||$600||$100|
|Mazda 3 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$1,328||$664||$111|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,116||$558||$93|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,200||$600||$100|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,154||$577||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in zip code location which can alter coverage rates noticeably.
Men versus women drivers and insurance cost
The example below shows the difference between annual premium costs for male and female drivers in Pueblo. The rates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied on a Nissan Altima 2.5.
Nissan Altima rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The illustration below demonstrates how deductibles and can affect Nissan Altima premium costs for each age group. The prices are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Nissan Altima rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Save a ton with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking time to complete a class that teaches safe driver techniques is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- No Charge for an Accident - This isn't a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with some auto insurance companies.
- Good Student Discount - Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Seat Belts Save - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving fewer miles can earn substantially lower premium rates.
- Renewal Discounts - A few auto insurance companies give discounts for switching companies early. The savings is around 10%.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Military Rewards - Having an actively deployed family member may lower your auto insurance rates slightly.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying auto insurance coverage on a new vehicle may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn't make money that way.
To locate insurers with the best discounts in Pueblo, follow this link.
How much insurance do I need?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there isn't really a "perfect" insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions might point out whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Colorado?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
Should I get advice from an agent?
Some people still like to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Professional agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can find cheaper rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won't need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to your email. In the event you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the company have a local claim office in Pueblo?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
The difference between Pueblo car insurance agents
When searching for local Pueblo agents, there are two different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance policy providers are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can write policy coverage, but it's good to learn why they differ because it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people use the same agent partially due to the brand rather than having low rates.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you will definitely want to compare prices from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They also have the ability to place coverage with mutual insurance companies which can save you money.
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
We've covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on auto insurance in Pueblo. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Pueblo car insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company. Regional companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Cheap auto insurance in Pueblo can be bought from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not offer online rate quotes and many times these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Pueblo, Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)