Locating low-cost insurance for a Kia Soul in Colorado can normally be difficult, but you can use the following methods to make it easier. There is a better way to find auto insurance online so you're going to learn the quickest way to compare rates on a Kia and get the lowest possible price from Colorado Springs insurance agents and online providers.
Statistics show that nearly 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. With the average premium in Colorado being $1,810, drivers could save up to 35% a year by just shopping around, but they don't believe the actual amount they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
All major insurance companies allow you to get prices on the web. Getting online quotes for Kia Soul insurance in Colorado Springs is quite easy as you just type in your coverage preferences into the quote form. After the form is submitted, the quote system sends out for your driving and credit reports and generates a price based on many factors.
Getting online price quotes for Kia Soul insurance in Colorado Springs simplifies rate comparisons, and it's also necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get the cheapest possible prices on insurance.
In order to find out if lower rates are available, take a look at the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this assures you will get an apples-to-apples comparison for the exact same coverage.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in your specific Colorado Springs location which can decrease or increase prices greatly.
Premiums by gender and age
The information below visualizes the comparison of Kia Soul auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
The chart below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can impact Kia Soul annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The costs are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders impact Kia Soul insurance prices for different age groups. Data assumes a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high insurance cost for a Kia Soul in Colorado Springs, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Soul, most banks will require you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $750 every year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Discounts for lower-cost car insurance quotes
Companies offering auto insurance don't always list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you.
- Active Service Discounts - Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Home Ownership Discount - Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Bundle and Save - If you have multiple policies with one company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Buy New and Save - Putting insurance on a new Soul can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as State Farm and GEICO allow you one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- Life Insurance - Some companies give a discounted car insurance rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Smart Student Discounts - A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it's just not the way it works.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- Farm Bureau has discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, driver training, renewal discount, and youthful driver.
- MetLife includes discounts for multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, good student, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, good student, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA discounts include good student, education and occupation, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, air bags, bundled insurance, accident-free, early bird, and good student.
- GEICO may include discounts for five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, and military active duty.
- State Farm may offer discounts for safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, good student, and Drive Safe & Save.
If you want the cheapest Kia Soul rate quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Some credits might not apply in Colorado Springs. If you would like to choose from a list of providers with discount rates in Colorado Springs, click this link.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agencies
Many people still like to sit down with an agent and that is OK! Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Colorado Springs that can give you free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes for your business. You don't have to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to you instantly. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Before buying a policy in Colorado Springs, get answers to these questions.
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Colorado Springs?
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agents in Colorado Springs can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can sell auto insurance policies, but it's worth mentioning how they differ since it can impact your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years primarily because of loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Colorado Springs that can give you comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - Patricia Szeredy
6632 Delmonico Dr - Colorado Springs, CO 80919 - (719) 268-0080 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Diane Christensen
1957 W Uintah St - Colorado Springs, CO 80904 - (719) 477-1636 - View Map
- State Farm: Jeff Libby
7610 N Union Blvd #115 - Colorado Springs, CO 80920 - (719) 593-9200 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you compare prices from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with companies that do not advertise much who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Colorado Springs willing to provide comparison quotes.
- CIA-Leavitt Insurance Agency
5585 Erindale Dr #107 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 528-1884 - View Map
- Southern Colorado Insurance Center
4390 Academy Blvd N - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 329-4441 - View Map
- Insurance Stops
2105 E Bijou St A - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 636-3369 - View Map
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage, there really is no "best" method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you might need an agent's assistance.
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Colorado Springs?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
One last thing to lower rates
We covered some good ideas how to find lower-cost Kia Soul insurance in Colorado Springs. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the most savings is with the least-expected company.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including high prices, delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims or even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed full coverage and learned later they didn't have enough coverage. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Single Moms in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Teachers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)