Want to save money and find more affordable Kia Rio insurance in Aurora? Comparing and finding cheap prices for Kia Rio insurance in Aurora may be hard for drivers new to comparison shopping online. There are so many agents and companies to choose from that it can easily turn into a real hassle to compare prices on Kia Rio insurance.
A recent study showed that most insurance buyers in Colorado have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Drivers in the U.S. could save an average of approximately 47% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much they could save if they switched.
Quoting cheaper policy in Aurora is not as time-consuming as you think. Essentially anyone who quotes insurance most likely will be able to find lower rates. But Colorado consumers must understand the methods companies use to price online insurance and take advantage of how the system works.
Cheapest Kia insurance rate quotes in Aurora
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Colorado. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in specific location which can affect coverage prices noticeably.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can increase Kia Rio auto insurance rates for each age group. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The illustration below shows the difference between Kia Rio car insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no written rule of when to stop paying for full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Kia Rio replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 a year for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Lower-cost Aurora insurance quotes with discounts
Some providers don't necessarily list every discount very well, so here is a list a few of the more common as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not really a discount, but certain companies will let one accident slide without raising rates so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Full Payment Discount - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Seat Belts Save - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Discount for Life Insurance - If the company offers life insurance, you could get better prices if you take out life insurance.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Some larger companies give discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Aurora auto insurance online.
- Club Memberships - Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for insurance.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it's just not the way it works.
A list of insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, defensive driving training, driver's education, student away at school, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple policy.
- GEICO offers discounts for daytime running lights, good student, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, seat belt use, and membership and employees.
- Allstate may include discounts for economy car, good payer, anti-lock brakes, teenSMART discount, early signing, auto/life discount, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO has savings for drive less, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, anti-theft, bundle discounts, and teen safe driver.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for youthful driver, 55 and retired, multi-policy, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- AAA may offer discounts for pay-in-full, good student, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, and multi-car.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in Aurora. For a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Aurora, follow this link.
How Your Rio Insurance Rates are Determined
Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower insurance prices. Lots of things are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are not as apparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
The items below are a few of the things used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
Do you really need roadside assistance? - There are many optional add-on coverages that can add up if you aren't diligent. Coverages like personal injury protection, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. These coverages may sound good at first, but if they're wasting money eliminate them to save money.
Are males or females drivers cheaper? - Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don't assume that females are better at driving than males. Both genders have at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like driving under the influence (DUI).
Too many insurance claims and you'll pay more - If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Colorado provide lower rates to people who are claim-free. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
Your address can affect rates - Choosing to live in a small town is a positive aspect when buying insurance. Drivers in populated areas tend to have much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
The type of vehicle you drive affects your premiums - The type of car or truck you are insuring makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. Because the Kia Rio falls in the passenger car class, rates will be similar in price or lower when compared to the average rates in Aurora. Smaller low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Kia Rio insurance loss probability - Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help calculate premium prices. Models that have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher cost to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the historical loss data for Kia Rio vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Kia Rio Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When buying coverage, there isn't really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone's situation is unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- What if I don't agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
If it's difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Insurance agencies can help
Some people just want to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Aurora.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to companies in Aurora who will give you quotes to get your business. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
What types of auto insurance agents are in Aurora?
When narrowing the list to find a local Aurora insurance agent, there are two types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Aurora are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally which is easy for the insured. When comparing rates, it's a good idea to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Aurora that can give you comparison quotes.
- All Drivers Insurance
12142 E Mississippi Ave - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 695-1000 - View Map
- BUD JUDY AGENCY, INC. (INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENCY)
2222 S Fraser St Unit 4 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 368-5839 - View Map
- Amercian Affordable Insurance: Arthur Blaszczyszn
10660 E Bethany Dr - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 577-9998 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents. Many people use the same agent mainly due to the brand instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Aurora that are able to give price quote information.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
1140 S Abilene St - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 798-3939 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Patricia Davis
1627 S Havana St e - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 360-9831 - View Map
- John Baer - State Farm Insurance Agent
6155 S Main St #240 - Aurora, CO 80016 - (303) 680-7777 - View Map
Picking an car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Aurora?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Aurora?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
After receiving acceptable answers to any questions you may have and a good coverage price, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that meets the criteria to adequately provide car insurance. Just keep in mind you are entitled to cancel coverage for any reason so don't feel that you are obligated to a specific company with no way to switch.
One last thing about your coverage
Budget-conscious Kia Rio insurance is available from both online companies in addition to many Aurora insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not have rate quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to compare Kia Rio insurance prices in Aurora. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best price on insurance is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
More detailed insurance information can be found at these sites:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Journey in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Auto Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Broomfield, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)