Locating low-cost insurance for your Jeep Cherokee in Colorado can turn out to be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to find lower rates. There are more efficient ways to compare insurance rates so you're going to learn the absolute fastest way to compare rates for a new or used Jeep and find the lowest price from both online companies and Fort Collins agents.
It's smart to shop coverage around on a regular basis because prices tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best deal on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Fort Collins a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because it's time to teach you the things you must know in order to save on insurance.
Get cheaper Jeep Cherokee insurance rates in Fort Collins
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but there's a good chance there are discounts that may help make it more affordable. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at quote time, but some discounts are required to be inquired about in order for you to get them. If you're not getting every credit you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Early Switch Discount - A few insurance companies allow discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current Cherokee insurance policy. The savings is around 10%.
- Federal Government Employee - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off depending on your car insurance provider.
- Accident Waiver - This isn't a discount exactly, but a few companies such as GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don't have any claims for a set time period.
- Seat Belt Usage - Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Home Ownership Discount - Being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Seniors can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don't profit that way.
To see companies with the best discounts in Colorado, click here.
The providers in the list below provide quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local Fort Collins insurance agent
Some people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheaper prices but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Fort Collins car insurance quotes for your business. There is no need to find an agent as quotes are delivered directly to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you would need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking a insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- How are claims handled?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Colorado?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local Fort Collins insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agencies are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it's important to point out how they are different because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are usually well trained on their company's products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Fort Collins that can give you comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Jeffrey Greco
315 W Magnolia St # 7 - Fort Collins, CO 80521 - (970) 407-0706 - View Map
- State Farm: Ben Parsons
2121 Midpoint Dr #301a - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 484-3600 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Greg L. Howell
816 S College Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 482-2200 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are appointed with more than one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don't have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you compare prices from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most have the option of insuring with small regional insurance companies which may have better rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Fort Collins who can help you get rate quotes.
- Ameri Quote Insurance and Financial Services
1015 W Horsetooth Rd - Fort Collins, CO 80526 - (970) 221-1141 - View Map
- Trozan Insurance Agency, Inc
421 Stover St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 224-5500 - View Map
- Insurance Specialties Ltd
148 W Oak St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 490-1530 - View Map
After you get acceptable answers to your questions as well as low cost Jeep Cherokee insurance quotes, you may have found an auto insurance agent that can adequately provide auto insurance. Just understand that you can always cancel your coverage for any reason so don't assume you are locked into a specific company for the full term.
Don't give up on cheap rates
Lower-priced auto insurance in Fort Collins can be sourced both online as well as from insurance agents, so get free Fort Collins car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers don't offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When getting Fort Collins car insurance quotes online, it's a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
We just showed you many ideas to lower your Jeep Cherokee insurance prices in Fort Collins. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)