Searching for cheaper Ford Fiesta insurance in Colorado Springs? Wish you could get a refund on an expensive insurance policy? You're in good company because there are a lot of people in Colorado Springs just like you who feel imprisoned by their insurance policy.
A study showed that the vast majority of insurance customers in Colorado kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rate quotes at all. Drivers in America could save themselves about $850 a year, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes. Multiple insurers compete for your business, so it's not easy to compare every insurance company to find the absolute best price available on Ford Fiesta insurance in Colorado Springs.
Most of the larger companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive provide prices for coverage online. Getting online quotes for Ford Fiesta insurance in Colorado Springs is pretty painless as you simply type in your required coverages into a form. Once entered, their system will obtain your driving and credit reports and returns a price quote based on the information you submitted. Quoting online for Ford Fiesta insurance in Colorado Springs streamlines rate comparisons, and it is important to compare as many rates as possible in order to find the cheapest price possible.
To compare rates now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate the limits and deductibles as close as possible to your current policy. This makes sure you are getting a rate comparison based on similar coverages.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Insurance just makes sense
Despite the high cost, buying insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Fiesta, it's guaranteed your bank will force you to buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Ford for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Ford gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Colorado is overpaying more than $750 every year so compare quotes from several companies every year to ensure rates are inline.
Car insurance ads are enticing
Consumers can't get away from all the ads for the lowest price car insurance from the likes of GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the ads make an identical promise of big savings if you change to their company.
That's great but how can every company sell you cheaper insurance coverage? It's all in the words they use.
Insurance providers have specific characteristics for a prospective insured that earns them the most money. A good example of a profitable risk profile may need to be between 25 and 40, has other policies, and has a short commute. Any customer who matches those parameters will get very good Colorado Springs prices and as a result will probably save when switching.
Drivers who do not match this ideal profile will have to pay a higher rate and this results in the customer buying from someone else. The ads say "customers who switch" not "all people who quote" save the amount stated. This is how insurance companies can state the savings.
This really drives home the point why you need to compare quotes as often as possible. It is just not possible to predict which insurance companies will have the lowest premium rates for your situation.
Cheap Ford Fiesta insurance rates in Colorado Springs
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain credits will be shown when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Military Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better prices.
- Responsible Driver Discount - Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Colorado Springs auto insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Accident Free - Colorado Springs drivers who stay claim-free pay less as opposed to bad drivers.
- Drivers Education - Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver's education course in high school.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Drivers who insure all your vehicles on the same insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Online Discount - Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount shop Colorado Springs auto insurance over the internet.
- Low Miles Discount - Driving less could be rewarded with substantially lower rates.
It's important to note that some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you could get a free insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut your insurance premiums.
Larger insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- State Farm includes discounts for passive restraint, multiple autos, good student, defensive driving training, and multiple policy.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for distant student, multi-car, good student, homeowner, teen driver, and bundle discounts.
- GEICO discounts include anti-lock brakes, air bags, multi-policy, anti-theft, good student, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- American Family offers premium reductions for mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, air bags, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Nationwide offers discounts for defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, easy pay, good student, and business or organization.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and good student.
Before buying, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Colorado, click this link.
Local Colorado Springs car insurance agents and car insurance
Many drivers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Licensed agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates but also keep your business local. And buying from local agents is especially important in Colorado Springs.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in Colorado Springs that can provide free Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won't even need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If you need to compare prices from one company in particular, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Two types of Colorado Springs car insurance agents
If you want to buy car insurance from a reputable agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Car insurance policy providers can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but it's worth learning how they differ because it may have an impact on the selection process.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company so they can write business with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
When searching for an agent, you will want to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
The following are Colorado Springs independent insurance agencies that may be able to provide free car insurance quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Shown below are Colorado Springs exclusive agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. A good agent in Colorado Springs will have answers to these questions.
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Does their agency support local causes in Colorado Springs?
What insurance coverages do I need?
When buying your policy for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone's situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you may require specific advice.
- Should I file a claim if it's only slightly more than my deductible?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Ford Fiesta?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Lower-priced auto insurance in Colorado Springs is attainable online in addition to many Colorado Springs insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not offer price quotes online and many times these regional carriers work with local independent agencies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don't reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions or even denial of a claim. It doesn't matter why you want to switch switching auto insurance companies can be easier than you think.
Much more information about auto insurance in Colorado is available at the links below
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Car Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Single Moms in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Greeley, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)