Do you get exhausted from sacrificing to pay car insurance each month? You have the same problem as the majority of other vehicle owners in Colorado.
A recent study showed that most car insurance buyers in Colorado kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and 38% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Most drivers in America could save as much as $850 every year just by shopping around, but they don't know the amount of savings they would get if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. Since you have so many choices of insurance companies that have cheap insurance for a Chevy Volt in Fort Collins, it's nearly impossible to find the lowest cost insurer.
It's a good habit to quote other rates quite often since insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the lowest rate on Chevy Volt insurance in Fort Collins a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the things you must know in order to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Locating the best rates in Fort Collins is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you're already insured or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these tips to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Comparison shoppers just need to learn how to compare company rates from many different companies online.
Cheapest companies for Chevy Volt insurance in Colorado
The providers in the list below can provide free quotes in Colorado. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Take advantage of these discounts on Chevy Volt insurance in Fort Collins
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there may be some discounts to help bring down the price. Some of these discounts will be visible when you get a quote, but a few need to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you're paying more than you need to.
- Discount for New Cars - Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Student Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver's education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Renewal Discounts - A few larger companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Claim Free - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn't quite work that way.
A list of car insurance companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- GEICO has savings for five-year accident-free, driver training, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, air bags, and good student.
- Travelers includes discounts for continuous insurance, student away at school, early quote, save driver, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- Nationwide offers discounts including good student, accident-free, multi-policy, easy pay, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, and family plan.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for pay in full, business and professional, electronic funds transfer, mature driver, and good student.
- Esurance has discounts for anti-theft, claim free, online quote, defensive driver, multi-policy, renters, and homeowner.
- State Farm may offer discounts for passive restraint, student away at school, defensive driving training, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, and driver's education.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include anti-theft, location of vehicle, ease of repair, annual mileage, and age of vehicle.
If you want cheaper Fort Collins auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Discounts might not apply in Fort Collins. If you would like to see a list of insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Fort Collins, click here.
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When selecting the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone's needs are different.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Colorado?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Chevy Volt?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- If my car is totalled with they pay enough to replace it?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Compare prices but work with a neighborhood Fort Collins auto insurance agent
Certain consumers would rather buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Experienced insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this quick form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to your email. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you just need to visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an insurance company requires more thought than just a low price. A good agent in Fort Collins will have answers to these questions.
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- How long has their agency been open in Fort Collins?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Fort Collins?
When searching for a reliable insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in Fort Collins can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can do a good job, but it's worth learning why they differ since it can impact which type of agent you select.
These agents can usually just insure with one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Fort Collins who can help you get price quotes.
American Family Insurance - Conrad Manyik Agency Inc.
5620 Fossil Creek Pkwy Ste 1100 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 225-0304 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured. If you need lower rates, it's recommended you include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below are Fort Collins independent insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
Colorado - B W Insurance Agency Inc
1075 W Horsetooth Rd # 106 - Fort Collins, CO 80526 - (970) 223-0924 - View Map
Can you really save if you switch?
Consumers can't avoid all the ads that claim the cheapest car insurance rates from companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to make the same claim that you'll save big if you move your coverage to them.
How does every company save you money on Chevy Volt insurance in Fort Collins? This is the trick they use.
Different companies require specific criteria for a prospective insured that makes them money. For example, a desirable risk may be over the age of 50, carries high limits, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. A customer who fits those characteristics receives the best prices in Fort Collins and will probably save if they switch.
Potential insureds who are not a match for these criteria must pay more expensive rates and the customer not buying. The ad wording is "people who switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that much when switching. This is how insurance companies can confidently make it sound like they have such great car insurance rates. Because of these techniques, it is so important to compare quotes as often as possible. It is just not possible to predict which insurance companies will have the best rates at this point in time.
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
We just showed you a lot of ways to get a better price on Chevy Volt insurance in Fort Collins. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Fort Collins auto insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from the smaller companies.
Cheap Chevy Volt insurance in Fort Collins can be bought both online as well as from independent agents in Fort Collins, so get free Fort Collins auto insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not provide online price quotes and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, switching car insurance companies is easier than you think.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Commerce City, Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Arvada, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)