Are you irritated from being strong-armed to buy insurance? You are in the same boat as many other Colorado drivers.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, about 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and just under half have never even compared rates from other companies. American insurance shoppers could pocket up to 47% a year, but they don't understand how simple it is to shop around.
Companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive all promote huge savings with fancy advertisements and it is challenging if not impossible to avoid their marketing magic and take the time to shop coverage around.
It's a good habit to shop coverage around quite often since insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on Chevy Sonic insurance in Denver last year you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to how to use online quotes to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
If you have insurance now, you will surely be able to lower your rates using the techniques covered below. Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Denver is much easier if you know where to start. But Colorado drivers should learn how insurance companies charge you for coverage because rates fluctuate considerably.
These discounts can cut Chevy Sonic insurance rates
Companies do not advertise every discount they offer very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Denver auto insurance online.
- Federal Government Employee - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Onboard Data Collection - Insureds that choose to allow data collection to analyze driving manner by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could see a rate decrease if they have good driving habits.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Successfully completing a class that teaches safe driver techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in school.
- Claim-Free Discount - Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best insurance rates as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- College Student - Children living away from Denver attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Pay Early and Save - If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Popular insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts including Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, accident-free, defensive driving training, and multiple autos.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include good student, anti-theft, accident-free, easy pay, and family plan.
- GEICO discounts include air bags, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, multi-policy, military active duty, federal employee, and good student.
- AAA offers discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, good student, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and multi-car.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including good student, air bags, student driver, driver training, defensive driver, and theft prevention.
- The Hartford has savings for air bag, vehicle fuel type, driver training, good student, anti-theft, defensive driver, and bundle.
Check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not apply in your state. To choose insurers that offer many of these discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that quoting more helps improve the odds of finding more affordable rates. Some companies don't provide Denver Sonic insurance quotes online, so it's recommended that you also compare rates from the smaller companies as well.
The following companies provide free rate quotes in Denver, CO. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Are insurance agents obsolete?
Some consumers just prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find the lowest rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your information is submitted to companies in Denver who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider is decision based upon more than just a low price. Before buying a policy in Denver, get answers to these questions.
- Where would glass claims be handled in Denver?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How many years have they been established?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
If you want a reputable agency, there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Denver may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
These agents write business for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below are Denver exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quote information.
Bob Chapman - State Farm Insurance Agent
2335 E Evans Ave - Denver, CO 80210 - (303) 777-3005 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing insurance prices, it's a good idea to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Denver that can give you price quote information.
Don't give up on affordable coverage
As you prepare to switch companies, it's a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice full coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
We just presented a lot of information how to save on Chevy Sonic insurance in Denver. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
More information is located at these links:
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Cruze? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Parker, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)