How long has it been since you compared cheaper Chevy Colorado insurance in Aurora? Finding low cost Chevy Colorado insurance in Aurora can seem to be frustrating for drivers not familiar with shopping for insurance online. With such a large choice of insurance companies available, it can easily become a difficult situation to find the perfect company for you.
Unbelievable but true, almost 70% of insureds kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Many consumers in Colorado could save an average of roughly 35% each year by just shopping around, but they don't believe the actual amount they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Locating the best rates in Aurora is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you're already insured, you will definitely be able to find better prices using the concepts you're about to learn. But Colorado drivers do need to know the way insurance companies determine prices because rates fluctuate considerably.
Insurance policy discounts for Chevy Colorado insurance in Aurora
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that can help lower your rates. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Life Insurance - Some insurance companies give lower insurance rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver's education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Online Discount - Some larger companies will give a small break for signing up on the web.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you can combine your home and auto policy and insure them with the same company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper Colorado insurance.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on Colorado insurance in Aurora.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you could get a free insurance policy, you aren't that lucky. But all discounts should definitely cut your overall premium however.
A few companies that may have some of the discounts shown above include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not apply in your area. For a list of insurance companies with the best Chevy Colorado insurance discounts in Aurora, follow this link.
To find affordable Aurora auto insurance quotes, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes from auto insurance companies in your area. The simplest method to compare rates is to perform an online rate comparison. Keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies helps increase your odds of locating better pricing.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Colorado. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Colorado LT 2WD||$158||$342||$456||$28||$136||$1,120||$93|
|Colorado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$226||$562||$396||$24||$118||$1,326||$111|
|Colorado LT 4WD||$114||$200||$286||$16||$86||$702||$59|
|Colorado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$264||$546||$352||$20||$106||$1,288||$107|
|Colorado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$240||$412||$308||$18||$92||$1,070||$89|
|Colorado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$152||$264||$308||$18||$92||$834||$70|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in specific garaging location which can modify insurance rates noticeably.
Chevrolet Colorado liability rates compared to full coverage
The diagram below shows the difference between Chevrolet Colorado car insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The premium estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no set guideline for phasing out comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's say your Chevrolet Colorado replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If it's costing you more than $600 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not buy liability only.
How do Insurance Providers Determine Chevy Colorado Insurance Rates?
When buying auto insurance it's important to understand some of the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower rates.
The following are a partial list of the pieces auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Marriage pays dividends - Getting married can get you a discount when shopping for auto insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more responsible and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Where you live is a factor - Being located in less populated areas has it's advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Residents of big cities tend to have much more traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers and short commutes means fewer accidents.
- Raise coverage deductibles and save - Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your Chevy. Some instances where coverage would apply could be a broken side mirror, damage caused by hail, and having your car stolen. Physical damage deductibles define how much the insured will be required to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more damage repair cost you're willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Teenagers vs. experienced drivers - Inexperience drivers tend to get distracted easily when behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a inexperienced driver to your policy can really hurt. Older insureds are more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit.
- Insurance loss statistics a Chevy Colorado - Car insurance companies factor in insurance loss information in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that statistically have higher number or severity of losses will have higher premium rates.
The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Chevy Colorado vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Colorado Models
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 2WD 73 57 64 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4WD 90 89 86 67 Chevrolet Colorado Ext Cab 2WD 55 Chevrolet Colorado Ext Cab 4WD 67
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy for your personal vehicles, there really is not a "best" method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Are insurance agencies used anymore?
Many people still like to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision A good thing about getting online price quotes is you may find better rates and also buy local.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right provider should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Aurora for you
When finding a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they work. Auto insurance agents are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. These agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents partially due to the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Aurora that are able to give price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance - Archie Verhoeff
13743 E Mississippi Ave #100 - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 363-1757 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
1140 S Abilene St - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 798-3939 - View Map
- Stan Kellogg - State Farm Insurance Agent
15434 E Orchard Rd - Aurora, CO 80016 - (303) 699-2288 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type do not write with just one company and that allows them to write policies through many companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
When shopping rates, we highly recommend that you get quotes from a few independent agents to maximize your price options. Most also write with mutual insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
The following are Aurora independent agents that can give you price quotes.
- A Complete Home and Auto Insurance Agency
1080 S Sable Blvd - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 344-2886 - View Map
- A Complete Auto Insurance Agency
543 Sable Blvd - Aurora, CO 80011 - (303) 650-0060 - View Map
- Focus Insurance Agency
2993 S Peoria St #144 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 695-6220 - View Map
Insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Aurora, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Colorado, it's most likely the lender will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Smart shoppers get results
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to lower your Chevy Colorado insurance premium rates in Aurora. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower prices than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Low-cost Chevy Colorado insurance in Aurora can be purchased on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not offer rates over the internet and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
To learn more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Broomfield, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Auto Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Loveland, CO? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)