Nobody I know looks forward to paying for insurance, particularly when the price is too high.
Regrettably, nearly 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and almost half have never compared insurance rates at all. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could save an average of up to $859 each year by just comparing quotes, but they don't understand how simple it is to find lower-cost insurance by shopping around.
Companies like Allstate, Progressive and GEICO persitently shower you with fancy advertisements and it is difficult to ignore the promise of big savings and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce premiums using the concepts covered in this article. Buying the cheapest insurance in Fountain is easy if you know what you're doing. But Colorado car owners need to have an understanding of how companies set your policy premium.
Companies offering affordable price quotes in Colorado
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Fountain, CO. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$1,014||$507||$85|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$938||$469||$78|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$1,514||$757||$126|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$936||$468||$78|
|Ford F-150 FX4 4WD||$956||$478||$80|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,066||$533||$89|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,296||$648||$108|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$1,046||$523||$87|
|Honda Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,032||$516||$86|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$1,608||$804||$134|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,646||$823||$137|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,466||$733||$122|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,128||$564||$94|
|Volkswagen Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,508||$754||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can influence premiums considerably.
Impact of speeding/accidents on auto insurance rates
The chart below demonstrates how speeding tickets and accident claims can drive up Nissan Altima car insurance costs for each age group. The information is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Nissan Altima rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Cheaper Fountain car insurance rates with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there may be some discounts that you may not even know about. Certain reductions will be credited at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be specially asked for in order for you to get them. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Telematics Data - Drivers who elect to allow their company to analyze their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Fountain auto insurance quote.
- Drive Less and Save - Keeping the miles down can earn slightly better rates than normal.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Life Insurance Discount - Select companies reward you with a lower car insurance rate if you buy a life policy as well.
- Good Student Discount - Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Good Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn't make money that way.
For a list of insurance companies with significant discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
Components of your insurance rates
Many factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but other factors are less obvious such as your marital status or your commute time. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that play a part in calculating your premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that could result in better auto insurance rates.
Shown below are some of the things used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Your address can influence price - Choosing to live in areas with lower population has definite advantages when it comes to auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to fewer liability claims. People in densely populated areas tend to have traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free - If you're an insured who likes to file claims you should expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies in Colorado give the best rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for more catestrophic claims.
- Deter vehicle theft - Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you some money. Systems that thwart theives like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
- Liability coverage limits should be high - Liability insurance will protect you when a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. It provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Use credit responsibly and save - Your credit history is a large factor in determining premium rates. If your credit could use some work, you could pay less to insure your vehicle by taking the time to improve your credit score. Drivers with high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower ratings.
- Insurance is expensive for teen drivers - Youthful drivers in Colorado are proven to be less responsible with other occupants in the car therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a young driver to your auto insurance policy can be very expensive. More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and get fewer tickets.
- Traffic violations mean higher rates - A bad driving record has a big impact on rates. Only having one ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who don't get tickets have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Drivers with dangerous tickets such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to prove financial responsibility with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Don't give up on affordable rates
We've covered a lot of techniques to save on auto insurance in Fountain. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting low cost Fountain auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Some insurance providers may not have rate quotes online and many times these regional carriers work with local independent agencies. Cheaper auto insurance in Fountain is available on the web and from local agencies, so you need to compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Additional auto insurance information is located below:
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Ken Caryl, Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)