Are you regretting the purchase of overpriced Acura ZDX insurance in Fort Collins? It's a common feeling and there are lots of Fort Collins residents who feel the same.
It's hard to believe, but the vast majority of car insurance customers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Many drivers in Colorado can save almost $610 each year, but they just feel it's too hard to find affordable insurance by shopping around. Companies like GEICO and Progressive persitently shower you with TV and radio ads and it can be hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It's a good idea to price shop coverage occasionally because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest quotes on Acura ZDX insurance in Fort Collins a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the easiest way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
If you have a current insurance policy or are just looking to switch companies, you will benefit by learning to lower your rates without having to cut coverage. Buying the cheapest insurance in Fort Collins can really be easy if you know what you're doing. You only need an understanding of the most effective way to compare price quotes online.
You Can Change Your Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but some are less obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
The factors shown below are some of the things used by your company to calculate premiums.
Insurance costs and vehicle performance - The type of vehicle you need to insure makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The lowest premiums tend to be for smaller low performance passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors. Due to the fact that the Acura ZDX falls in the crossover class, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more than the average rate where you live in Fort Collins.
Extra coverages can add up - Policies have extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your ZDX policy. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage are some examples. They may seem like a good idea when buying your policy, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Vehicles with better crash test results save money - Safer cars get lower rates. Safer cars help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you.
Rates can drop if you have more than one policy - Lots of car insurance companies allow lower prices to people who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you're getting this discount consumers should still get quotes from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Annual mileage and car insurance premiums - The more you drive in a year's time the higher the price you pay to insure it. Many insurance companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. An incorrectly rated ZDX may be costing you. Make sure your car insurance policy shows how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Women pay lower prices - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn't mean females are better drivers. Women and men cause at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the men have costlier accidents. They also get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
High deductibles lower rates - Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Physical damage coverage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, or theft of your vehicle. The more damage repair cost the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Lower prices with alarm systems - Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft devices like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms help track and prevent your car from being stolen.
Finding a better price on car insurance is not rocket science. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to compare rate quotes online from several insurance companies.
Getting rates online is very simple and it makes it a waste of time to drive to all the different Fort Collins insurance agencies. Comparing Acura ZDX insurance rates online has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the professional abilities that you can only get from talking to an agent. Although you can obtain prices from the web but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|ZDX Technology Package AWD||$322||$614||$330||$20||$98||$1,384||$115|
|ZDX Advance Package AWD||$342||$646||$362||$22||$108||$1,480||$123|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can raise or lower prices noticeably.
Careless drivers pay higher rates
The illustration below illustrates how traffic citations and accidents can affect Acura ZDX premium costs for each age group. The data assumes a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Don't be fooled by advertising claims
Colorado consumers can't get away from ads that promise big savings by companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies say the same thing of big savings just by moving your coverage to them.
How is it possible that every company can charge less that you're paying now? Here is how they do it.
Insurance companies have a certain "appetite" for the type of insured that earns them a profit. One example of a profitable insured might be between the ages of 30 and 50, has a clear driving record, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. Any customer that fits those parameters will most likely get cheap rates and will also cut their rates substantially.
Insureds who don't meet the ideal profile may be required to pay a higher rate which translates to the customer buying from a different company. The ads state "drivers who switch" not "everyone that quotes" can get the lowest rates when switching. That's the way insurance companies can make those claims. This really emphasizes why you should compare many company's rates. You cannot predict which insurance company will have the lowest Acura ZDX insurance in Fort Collins.
Buying the right Acura ZDX insurance in Colorado is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Acura ZDX insurance, buying insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Acura has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Acura for a lot more money and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Acura ZDX but also your assets. It also can pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $830 a year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Save money with these discounts on Acura ZDX insurance in Fort Collins
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might be missing out on some discounts to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but some need to be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to track their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as State Farm's In-Drive may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Anti-theft System - Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Fort Collins auto insurance quote.
- No Claim Discounts - Good drivers with no accidents pay much less in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Paper-free Discount - Certain car insurance companies will give you a small discount for signing up over the internet.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Teen drivers should complete a driver education course in high school.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Good Students Pay Less - Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Waiver for an Accident - This isn't a discount exactly, but some companies like Progressive and Allstate will let one accident slide before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don't profit that way. But all discounts will definitely lower your overall bill.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer cheap Acura ZDX insurance quotes in Fort Collins in Colorado, follow this link.
Auto insurance is available from local insurance agents
Some people prefer to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheaper car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the quote information is sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your business. There is no need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to your email. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an provider requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Fort Collins?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
The following are Fort Collins insurance companies that are able to give price quote information for Acura ZDX insurance in Fort Collins.
Colorado - B W Insurance Agency Inc
1075 W Horsetooth Rd # 106 - Fort Collins, CO 80526 - (970) 223-0924 - View Map
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
You just read some good ideas how to find affordable Acura ZDX insurance in Fort Collins. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better chance you'll have of finding low cost Fort Collins auto insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Cheaper insurance in Fort Collins can be sourced both online in addition to many Fort Collins insurance agents, so you need to shop Fort Collins auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 4x4 Vehicles in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)