Paying cheaper premium rates for Acura TL insurance in Fort Collins is always frustrating for beginners to online comparison shopping. There are so many companies to choose from that it can quickly become a chore to find the best price in Colorado on Acura TL insurance.
Unfortunately, a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Many drivers in Colorado could save an average of nearly 35% each year, but most just don't grasp the big savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
It's a good idea to get comparison quotes as often as possible since prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you think you had the best rates on Acura TL insurance in Fort Collins last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you're about to learn the best methods to get good coverage on Acura TL insurance in Fort Collins at a lower rate.
To find the cheapest Acura TL rate quotes, there are several ways to compare prices from local Fort Collins car insurance companies. The simplest method to compare Acura TL insurance prices is to use the internet to compare rates.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that having more price comparisons increases your odds of finding more affordable insurance. Not every company does online Fort Collins TL insurance quotes, so you need to compare price quotes from them as well.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TL 3.5 W/Technology Package||$306||$538||$352||$20||$106||$1,322||$110|
|TL 3.7 SH AWD||$192||$360||$330||$20||$98||$1,000||$83|
|TL 3.7 SH W/Technology Package AWD||$264||$608||$368||$22||$110||$1,372||$114|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in specific location which can lower or raise coverage prices substantially.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by gender
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Acura TL auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and fender-benders can influence Acura TL auto insurance costs for different insured age categories. The costs are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Policy deductible comparison
The example below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact Acura TL insurance costs for each different age group. The information is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Acura TL insurance discounts in Fort Collins
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts that many people don't even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but a few need to be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Early Signing - Some companies reward drivers for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Good Student Discount - This discount may save as much as 25% on a Fort Collins car insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Low Miles Discount - Fewer annual miles on your Acura may enable drivers to earn cheaper premium rates.
- Distant Student Discount - Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- Paperwork-free - A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Fort Collins car insurance on your computer.
- Government Employee Discount - Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Full Payment Discount - By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Professional Organizations - Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This isn't a discount exactly, but some companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will let one accident slide without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Claim-Free Discount - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Colorado, follow this link.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to talk to a local agent. A good thing about comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local insurance agents is definitely important in Fort Collins.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Fort Collins that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don't have to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents in Fort Collins can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparing rate quotes, you will want to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. Most have the option of insuring with smaller mutual companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a small list of independent agencies in Fort Collins that may be able to give you comparison quotes.
- Mitchell Zuber Insurance Agency
2850 McClelland Dr #3000 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 207-0600 - View Map
- Fort Collins Insurance Agency, LLC
1730 S College Ave #202 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 222-9477 - View Map
- Northern Colorado Insurance Services Inc
525 N Denver Ave - Loveland, CO 80537 - (970) 622-9734 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. They are highly trained in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently use the same agent mainly due to the brand rather than having low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Fort Collins that are able to give rate quotes.
- State Farm: Eric Moskalski
1090 E Elizabeth St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 493-1888 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jennifer Harms
1008 Driftwood Dr Ste B - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 204-1100 - View Map
- State Farm: Ben Parsons
2121 Midpoint Dr #301a - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 484-3600 - View Map
Choosing a car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Fort Collins?
When do I need an agent's advice?
When choosing coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you might need an agent's assistance.
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer's policy when using it for work?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
If it's difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Acura TL Insurance Rate Factors
Many factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are more transparent like where you live or your vehicle rating.
Lower rates with a multi-policy discount - Most major insurance companies allow discounts to buyers that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal.There is a good possibility that you can find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
Lower stress equals lower rates - Occupations such as lawyers, executives and miners are shown to have higher premiums than the average policyholder because of intense work requirements and long work hours. On the flip side, careers such as scientists, students and retirees get better rates.
Having a spouse reduces risk - Getting married may save some money compared to being single. Having a spouse may mean you are more stable financially and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Optional features that cut rates - Owning a car with an alarm system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder your car from being stolen.
Insurance losses for an Acura TL - Companies analyze past claim statistics when they calculate premium rates for each model. Models that have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher premium rates. The table below shows the insurance loss data for Acura TL vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Values under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Acura TL Insurance Claim Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura TLX 4dr 2WD||90||75||97||93||74||77|
|Acura TLX 4dr 4WD||120||75|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure an Acura in Fort Collins, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your TL with a loan, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Acura at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Acura and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Compare car insurance prices regularly to save
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to find lower-cost Acura TL insurance in Fort Collins. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates come from some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When getting Fort Collins car insurance quotes online, it's not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Additional information can be found on the following sites:
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Edge? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Fort Collins, CO? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 17 Year Olds in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Loveland, CO? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)