Tired of wondering where the money will come from to keep your car insured? Your situation is no different than many other Colorado consumers.
It's amazing but the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Colorado drivers could pocket up to 35% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rate quotes.
Lots of insurance companies contend for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the absolute lowest rate possible on Acura MDX insurance in Fort Collins.
It's a great practice to compare prices at least once a year since insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the best price on Acura MDX insurance in Fort Collins at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you're going to get a crash course in one of the quickest ways to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
If you have a current car insurance policy, you will definitely be able to find better prices using the following tips. Choosing the best rates in Fort Collins is much easier if you know where to start. Nevertheless, Colorado drivers should learn how insurance companies sell online because rates fluctuate considerably.
It's important to know that comparing more quotes provides better odds of finding a lower rate.
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in Colorado. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MDX with Tech Package 4WD||$334||$620||$426||$26||$128||$1,534||$128|
|MDX with Tech/Entertainment 4WD||$206||$390||$426||$26||$128||$1,176||$98|
|MDX Advance 4WD||$266||$492||$456||$28||$136||$1,378||$115|
|MDX Advance/Entertainment 4WD||$270||$426||$358||$22||$108||$1,184||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower premium rates substantially.
Raise deductibles and save
The chart below illustrates how your deductible choice and can affect Acura MDX insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Fort Collins, buying car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Acura has a lienholder, almost every bank will have a requirement that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Acura for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Car insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $810 a year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Why You Might Pay Inflated Rates in Fort Collins
Many different elements are considered when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the elements that help calculate auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are some of the major factors companies use to determine your premiums.
Employer stress can affect prices - Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations like fire fighters, airline pilots, and financial analysts have higher rates than average because of job stress and lengthy work days. On the flip side, occupations like scientists, historians and the unemployed receive lower rates.
Gender and insurance coverage - Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don't assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Females and males have at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but guys get into accidents with more damage. Men also statistically get ticketed for serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
Adjust deductibles and save - The deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, or theft of your vehicle. The more damage repair cost you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your auto insurance will be.
Never let your auto insurance policy lapse - Driving without insurance coverage in place is a big no-no and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in fines and jail time.
Save money by eliminating extra coverages - Insurance companies have many additional coverages that may not really be needed if you aren't careful. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and extra equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing at first, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
Pay more if you have a long commute - Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents and a lower car theft rate. Urban drivers regularly have congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. More time behind the wheel translates into higher accident risk.
No claims equals better auto insurance rates - If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in Colorado give the best rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of more catestrophic claims.
Insurance losses for an Acura MDX - Insurance companies analyze historical claim data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that the data shows to have higher losses will have a higher premium rate. The next table shows the insurance loss data for Acura MDX vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probablilty for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendancy for claims to be larger.
Acura MDX Insurance Claim Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura MDX 4dr 2WD||73||80||102||63||56||63|
|Acura MDX 4dr 4WD||81||85||123||65||60||59|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Verify you're earning every discount
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain credits will be shown when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before being credited.
- Early Renewal Discounts - A few insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current MDX insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger companies have lower premium rates if you buy some life insurance too.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Paperwork-free - Some larger companies may give you up to $50 shop Fort Collins car insurance on the web.
- Student in College - Youth drivers who are attending college and don't have a car could get you a discount.
- Save with a New Car - Insuring a new MDX can be considerably cheaper because newer models are generally safer.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Fewer annual miles on your Acura can qualify you for lower auto insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Fort Collins Homeowners Pay Less - Owning your own home or condo can help you save on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, you're out of luck.
If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Fort Collins, follow this link.
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
When choosing adequate coverage, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you will benefit from professional help.
- What is an umbrella policy?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
If you can't answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Independent or exclusive insurance agents
Certain consumers still like to have an agent's advice and that is OK! One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find lower premium rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local agents is important particularly in Fort Collins.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to companies in Fort Collins who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don't have to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific company, don't hesitate to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you would like to find a reputable agency, there are two different agency structures from which to choose. Insurance agents in Fort Collins can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations so they can write business through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part.
When shopping rates, it's recommended you get several quotes from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Fort Collins that may be able to give free price quotes.
Exclusive agents write business for a single company such as State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Fort Collins who can help you get rate quotes.
Picking an car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- How are they compensated?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Fort Collins?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
Shop smart and save
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions and even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is less work than it seems.
As you shop your coverage around, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to reduce Acura MDX insurance premium rates online in Fort Collins. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the best premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Additional insurance information can be found at the links below
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)